• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Question about IQUAD gauges with my phone.

Sycostang67

So I plan to jump on this train shortly, waiting for a check to arrive so I can get a Quadzilla Adrenaline with the wifi option.  I plan to use my current iphone 6, I was curious if I will need to have the app on all the time with gauges displayed for it to work or only if I want to see the extra gauges?  I may convince the wife to upgrade to a new iphone and I will use her 6S+ as a dedicated gauge display in my truck. I'm very computer illiterate, but after reading the info on the Quad multiple times, it's been making more sense. 

Another question, obviously I will be able to sell my comp and I don't imagine I will need my scangauge anymore either if I get a dedicated display.  Will the Quad allow me to change tire size in the computer or should I hang on to my smarty for that?

I highly recommend getting hte bluetooth not the wifi.  Andriod devices are SOOOO much cheaper when the time comes to replace it.

you don;t have to run gauges to run.  The tune apply process requires the device.

The quad cannot update ecm and abs items like tire size.  

So the smarty will stay in the closet then.  I have a bad habit of changing tire size every time I get a new set.

I'm scouting CL now looking for a cheap used android phone, but my wife loves her iphones so much I doubt I would be without one.  She just got her's replaced with insurance but is still drooling over the new iphone 10. 

I second the bluetooth version.  I have an iPhone and the wifi module wasn't that great at connecting.  The bluetooth is fantastic.  

Also, I believe the Smarty tire correction factor won't work unless a Smarty tune is loaded (right guys?) 

• Owner
9 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

So the smarty will stay in the closet then.  I have a bad habit of changing tire size every time I get a new set.

I'm scouting CL now looking for a cheap used android phone, but my wife loves her iphones so much I doubt I would be without one.  She just got her's replaced with insurance but is still drooling over the new iphone 10. 

You might take a peek at my two posts...

That bracket is nice, followed your link and found one to hold a tablet as.  I found a 7" voyager pro tablet with 2 year anything goes warranty for $60.  Hopefully I can get this stuff ordered in the next week. 

I've been running the smarty on stock after my last keyboard lashing, haven't verified my speed yet, but I'm not passing anyone so I figured it was still good.  I'll just keep it in the closet and use it when I make that next trip to the tire store. 

• Owner
26 minutes ago, Sycostang67 said:

That bracket is nice, followed your link and found one to hold a tablet as.  I found a 7" voyager pro tablet with 2 year anything goes warranty for $60.  Hopefully I can get this stuff ordered in the next week. 

I've been running the smarty on stock after my last keyboard lashing, haven't verified my speed yet, but I'm not passing anyone so I figured it was still good.  I'll just keep it in the closet and use it when I make that next trip to the tire store. 

Well if you hook up with me I could program your Speedometer permanently without the Smarty locked VIN problem. I've got a CCD Network tool that allows for ABS speed adjustments. You might want to give me a call I'll be more than willing to do this for ya.

46 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Well if you hook up with me I could program your Speedometer permanently without the Smarty locked VIN problem. I've got a CCD Network tool that allows for ABS speed adjustments. You might want to give me a call I'll be more than willing to do this for ya.

Man do I sometimes wish I leaved in your neighborhood, I'd be over there restocking your fridge with beer on regular basis lol. But that's probably why you leave where you do, you like you're space. Can't blame you for that.