• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

App permanently crashing after gallon trip calibration

kzimmer

@Me78569 I thought I'd make a new post instead of pm'ing or stuffing this into an old thread.

I decided to calibrate the new MPG feature. I started at a MPG offset of %150. I reset the gallon trip and drove 350.3kms. Gallon trip showed 13.9 Gallons, and I put in 14.719 gallons. So 150%{1+[(14.719-13.9)÷13.9]} = 158.838%.

Key on, truck not running, quad open and connected. Went to settings, changed MPG offset from %150 to %158.84. Instant crash. And now every time I open the app it instant crashes, even after device reboot and truck key off/on. 

I'm guessing that if I clear cache and data from the app, it'll come up again. And if I do that I'll lose my tune since I've made a couple changes and I don't have a backup because the exporting feature is still bugged for my device. So I guess when I have time I'll go through the directories and try to manually export the tune before I wipe the app.

One thing to note is I did not turn off mpg offset in settings before I changed 150 to 158.84.

All in good fun and f bombs, haha.

• Owner

The only thing I could think of is dumping the app and reinstall the app again... Yeah, the changes will be gone but at least you'll get back to working. I would for sure hook up with @Me78569 report this bug so it can be repaired. You might also just load up a fresh copy and just do the calibration again and see if the decimal is the problem.

• Owner
1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

no clue.  I honestly dont know about decimal numbers for mpg....  It might get pissy about that.  Beyond that Quadzilla power will have to help I am not in on the dev of the app side.

That's the only thing I can see that is going wrong. @kzimmer is changing from 150 to 158.84 that would be the only thing I could see that might create a hang. @kzimmer I would try the new copy with just 158 and see if it passes.

All the variables (even ones with decimals) are passed as integers. There is just an offset multiplied into the number when passing that gets taken into consideration in the code. There aren't any floating point numbers passed from the app to the device. There are some inside the Adrenaline and probably some inside the app, but none in the interface.