• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline shut down while driving

kzimmer

So I was climbing a bit of a grade today and things felt a little funny. Near the top I noticed that RPM's were not changing. And then I noticed that the only things that were updating for sure were fuel pressure, trans temp, and egt; things that are direct to the quad and not through the ECM. So the app was still running, Bluetooth connected.

As you will see in the attached pictures, I dropped to 3rd to get the rpms up and the quad's values stayed the same. I could hear the difference in timing, so I thought maybe the timing was stuck on the displayed 15.46°. But I soon realized that the quad had just dropped off the map completely and the factory tuning was in control. I could verify this by stepping on the go pedal and blacking out the sun.

Shut down the truck and restarted. Quad came back online. Didn't happen again in the 75km I had left to my house. I'm a bit concerned here though. This can't happen when my trailer is behind the truck, or when my wife is driving the truck.

20171119_160216.jpg

20171119_160219.jpg

Edited by kzimmer
Pics

I am aware of the issue.   I think it might be related to the mpg stuff...somehow   

easy to resolve the issue, key off and on for a split second and bam it is back to working.  I have something in mind to fix it, but it has been plaguing me for awhile now.  hard to fix if I can't figure out what causes it.  

If it is a big issue you can jumpback to the stable version of 2.6 rather than the 2.7

Edited by Me78569

• Owner

I've seen this bug as well randomly too. Didn't realize the Quadzilla shut down. Typically I run cruise control and wouldn't notice it dropping out but I have noticed that the screen locked up and no longer updating the values. 

Thinking of that I still have that weird connection problem still where you fire it up and does NOTHING just displays the screen and doesn't even hook up to the bluetooth. About 4 to 5 startup and force shut downs to get it going. Maybe related???