• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Defueling at 1900 rpm fummins

17 minutes ago, Fummins24v said:

I then asked them to reflash it they then told me that is impossible and can’t be done.

At my local Cummins people that work there have gone full retarded and sad part is they don't know it, every time I go there it's something new with them. You literally have to tell them what to do and how or they are lost. I think Cummins head quarters have an agenda of some sort. 

I did change my oil sender once because if it leaks internally it will screw up 5 volt loop, and affect other sensors.

@Fummins24v  have you tried unplugging the pcm? If you unplug the pcm and it still acts like this then I'd say it is bad. The Cummins dealers agree bound by the EPA. Problem is some people don't know it. Soon as you start talking about passenger vehicles ears go up and doors slam shut. It's why I'm currently deep in thought about an Insite setup. Pull a couple of these irons outta the fire first.

• Staff

Like I said before I'm not knowledgable on the electrical troubleshooting but at this point Fummins 24V, I would install a new Timbo apps getting rid of the factory Apps. you will need it for reliability anyway since its much better/ smoother Apps it kind of goes hand in hand with a new VP.

My factory Apps had a dead spot, did not throw any codes, but the 7-8 thousand dollar Snap On showed slight dead spot on the screen when testing. Had a Timbo under the seat and now runs perfect.

I'm not saying Jag1 is wrong but 1850 rpms is a special number for us swap guys. Have you contacted Bob Wagner? That dude is the man when it comes to ecm's.

I had to relocate my apps because I needed the space where it lived for my ac compressor. I bought a Williams pedal with tps (and then another tps off eBay because the Williams one didn't have the idle validation circuitry) for under $60 and now my tps lives in the cab with me where it belongs. Every piece of heavy equipment, bus, tow truck I've ever seen has the tps inside and I gotta believe there's a reason.

Edited by Scottfunk

I gotta believe it's one of those things Chrysler did to make things difficult...er Dodge I mean. Just like "special" ecm's and cad's. I mean seriously, center axle disconnect? Every other manufacturer is using hubs and Chrysler makes Spicer manufacture special cad's just for them. If it wasn't for the fact that the sensor in the cad works great with my Yukon's push button transfer case I'd write them a nasty letter. 

5 hours ago, Scottfunk said:

I mean seriously, center axle disconnect?

When  I first saw it I was like what a dambas. that made that happen. I would love to have hubs and serviceable bearings like old days as I only use it maybe hand full of times a year, why all this unnecessary wea:shrug:r. Plus a weak link and geometry of the whole axle :duh:.  

• Like 1

On 12/16/2017 at 11:07 PM, Scottfunk said:

@Fummins24v  have you tried unplugging the pcm? If you unplug the pcm and it still acts like this then I'd say it is bad. The Cummins dealers agree bound by the EPA. Problem is some people don't know it. Soon as you start talking about passenger vehicles ears go up and doors slam shut. It's why I'm currently deep in thought about an Insite setup. Pull a couple of these irons outta the fire first.

I have unplugged the pcm and yes it still acts up. I thought that this test eliminated the pcm? I thought that the pcm was not really needed? Just have it to pull codes? Am I wrong on this?

1 hour ago, Fummins24v said:

I have unplugged the pcm and yes it still acts up. I thought that this test eliminated the pcm? I thought that the pcm was not really needed? Just have it to pull codes? Am I wrong on this?

Yeah you're gonna want to find a comfy spot for the pcm. In an automatic application the ecm needs to see the communication with the pcm to function properly. It has to stay, I'm sorry. I didn't like it either but there's no way around it. Is your ecm also an auto? 

1 hour ago, Scottfunk said:

Yeah you're gonna want to find a comfy spot for the pcm. In an automatic application the ecm needs to see the communication with the pcm to function properly. It has to stay, I'm sorry. I didn't like it either but there's no way around it. Is your ecm also an auto? 

Yes ecm is an Auto .i have pcm in a real good spot behind battery on driver side fender out of the elements. I noticed my pcm is a Motorola brand  definitely not stock . But anyway I guess I will go ahead and get a new pcm . I don’t see any other option.

Per your own words you stated that you only had these wires hooked up 

Quote:

i checked my pcm again I believe these pins are all that are needed to work?

pin# 31 32 grounded

pin#22 constant 12v

pin#2 12v key on power

pin#6 grounded

You need to open the schematic that I'm sharing cause you don't have enough wires hooked up.i don't think you need a PCM. You only have 4 wires hooked to your PCM, you need 8 hooked up

24V PCM Schematic.pdf

I wanna say they're all Motorola. I got mine from a place called Diaz salvage parts out of Hillsboro Texas. Nice guys. Find them on eBay and shoot them an offer, they're reasonable. Unless there's an auto parts store close enough to limp down to and borrow an on a scanner. Maybe it'll tell you something. You'll have to do the full wiring job for that. I put my new obd connector in the center console with my tow/haul and 6th cancel.

20171202_174441.jpg

On 12/18/2017 at 12:31 PM, mossyoak71 said:

Quote:

pin# 31 32 grounded

pin#22 constant 12v

pin#2 12v key on power

pin#6 grounded

You need to open the schematic that I'm sharing cause you don't have enough wires hooked up.i don't think you need a PCM. You only have 4 wires hooked to your PCM, you need 8 hooked up

24V PCM Schematic.pdf

Could you please try posting this again it will not open.

On 12/18/2017 at 12:31 PM, mossyoak71 said:

Quote:

pin# 31 32 grounded

pin#22 constant 12v

pin#2 12v key on power

pin#6 grounded

24V PCM Schematic.pdf

Never mind I got it to open on your thread thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The short story it was the vp44

Ok all sorry it took so long... but yes finally got it figured out. It took entirely to long just wanted to thank you all for your input and help. So after all the wireing checks hours on the ohms meter . I ruled out all wireing then everything else pcm Ecm  "I now have a spare Ecm and pcm if anyone's interested "  apps  cps I'm sure I'm missing others . I then did not wire test to vp44 still same defuiling. But I  couldn't think of anything else so I took the 3 month old bd 100 horse vp44 off and sent it in. Took them a week until they finally tested it they said it was good. I couldn't believe it so after a lot of bs back and forth they tested it again still said it was good but they said they would change the electronics on it for me just to make sure . Was very thankful for that other than I had to wait a MONTH until I got it back . And still didn't know if it would fix it.. well it did couldn't be happier runs like a top!  The injection shop couldn't believe it  when I called them to let them know that was the problem. Just hope it doesn't happen again. But next time I'll know right what it is . Just because your trucks not throwing codes doesn't mean the vp44 isn't Dying.

special thanks to moparman mans wiring schematics ?

• Like 1