• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Block plug boost adapter

Just a quick question. Finally getting my gauges in. Going to get my boost reading from the block plug behind the filter housing. My local hardware has the 3/4 to 1/8 bushing but only in galvanized. Wanted to make sure that was okay or if I needed to get a steel fitting.

Galvanized fitting can and will still corrode.  Galvanized would work, but I would hold out for a brass fitting.  I've seen cheap galvanized fittings that easily chips away, I would hate to see any debris from a bad fitting make its way into your engine.

• Staff
7 hours ago, 015point9 said:

News flash...toilet flange bolts don't work to good in muffler clamps:whistle:

BTW, aren't you the guy that uses 4'' galv pipe and threaded couplings. for the exhaust.... I think I heard about you :lol3:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 2