• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Heater Grid: disconnecting it, (benefits?)

• Staff

I don't think I will ever forget to unplug ever again.

if you have a marginal alternator that has to help power the grid heaters and recharge the batteries after using them,  does that send higher AC ripple thru the ECM/ PCM?

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

The whole idea of plugging is overhyped... So everyone is plugging in there trucks while at home. Then drive to work and most don't get the privilege of plugging in at work. Then go to places like ski resorts where the parking lot is filled will vehicles sitting all day or longer without being plugged in.  Like last year I was working with a local gent to move cows and hay for the winter. Several times my truck was left behind in a pasture in minus weather for hours while we ran other equipment or vehicles. Again no place to plug in. After realizing this I gave up plugging in all together. No matter my cord for my block heater is also damaged and no longer functional. I still love driving past the logging company lot and seeing guys firing up logging trucks with minus weather and never see a block heater.

• Like 1