• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

12valver ECM?

10 minutes ago, dripley said:

PCM maybe?

Probably what he ment

Got me wondering,,,, how a 96-97 12 valve PCM compares to a 98-99 PCM,, on a 24 valve that also has a ECM

• Owner

Way different...

24V PCM is all set up with CCD networking and being able to talk to several modules all at once. Now the 12V PCM is pretty basic and doesn't have CCD networking. Everything basically is hard-wired from point to point. 

24 Valve CCD network.

ccd network wiring

Now look back at just the 12V cluster way different...

Instrument cluster wiring map 1994 Dodge Ram

Now the 24V cluster... Basically two wires deliver all the data for the cluster. 

Instrument Cluster (Page 1) wiring map 1999 Dodge Ram

Just looking at the PCM of a 12V you got the grid heater and other stuff that is typically on the ECM of a 24V

Engine wiring map 1994 Dodge Ram

Just looking at the PCM of a 12V you got the grid heater and other stuff that is typically on the ECM of a 24V

On my '99, The grid heater and "wait to start" light , is what got me wondering if those were on a 12er PCM where a 24er these are on the ECM.... and etc

Since Im waiting for my new ECM to arrive for my '99 which is having ECM boot up delays

Mike, what does CCD stand for?

Little bit off topic.  Those wiring maps are good.  Couple months ago one was posted here ...i sent it to my local staples.  They printed it out to default size and laminated it.  Picked up a mailing tube to store them in. Now I can read without magnifying glass.  I keep it under rear seat along with Carter back up fuel pump.  Ended up full size about 24 X 18 inches.  

CCD (Chrysler Collision Detection) Data Bus

The Chrysler Collision Detection (also referred to as CCD or C2D ) data bus system is 
a multiplex system used for vehicle communications on many Chrysler Corporation vehicles.

Within the context of the CCD system, the term “collision“ refers to the system’s ability 
to avoid collisions of the electronic data that enters the data bus 
from various electronic control modules at approximately the same time.

Edited by Chris O.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1