• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Motor restore

hex0rz

Alright fellas, dumped a can of the 8 cylinder formula into the Cummins last night. I don't have a compression tester, but ill see if the fuel mileage changes any or if i have less blowby or any performance changes. Might have to go a while before it makes a difference. 

I was judging quantity by engine displacement not quantity of oil or cylinder count. This is advertised to aid in cylinder bore wear.

Technically if compression increases, i should have some sort of change in the seat of the pants. I'm looking to see if a change will occur on initial startup. 

While many report to use this for a temporary fix to get them by until they can spend the money on a real fix, many also do it because the can says you can. They recommend having it added at every oil change. I technically have another 2500 miles to go before im due for a change. 

I also dug a little further into what the makeup of this formula is. It's comprised of Copper, Silver and Lead. With that knowledge it makes sense in how this can do what it advertises. Its not a viscosity modifier to your oil.

engine restore.pdflooking at the msds ( material safety data sheets) engine restore is a Naphthenic based product, a a search on Naphthenic oils and you will find its primary use is by machinist as a tooling lubricant and has better lubricating properties compared to conventional paraffinic based oils for lubing and cooling of metals.

I could see the benefits of restore in an engine under perfect circumstances, but as a long term solution I would not,

Personally I would look into synthetic oil if I were concerned with cold weather start ups, but I am not so good old dino oil with quality filters and oil changes work for me.

Edited by 01cummins4ever

Fwiw, these past couple days, I've noticed a consistent drop of an average of 200f degrees on my egts.

When i put these new tires on, it dropped my mileage and my typical egt temp was at 800f cruising at 65mph. Now, I've been cruising at about 600 to 650 at 65mph.