• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thermostat

12v owners. I installed a Stant 13479 thermostat over the weekend. NO more wild 50* temp. swings from the old thermostat. Just nice mild 5-10* swing on open and closed. Got the idea from ghostman over on the other forum. Very very happy with the results. Truck actually made temp. on my way to work this morning in the 37* cold. It would have been barely off the 140* mark with the old tstat.

i went through 3 t-stats before i broke down and got a cummins one, has 2 stants and one gates i think it was. i really like the cummins one. now only have roughly 5 degree temp swing, then after a while it stays right at 188. for a 190 stat.

i've not had good luck with those.

15 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm also assuming you're using the rubber o-ring from the stock style thermostat on the new one right?

Yessir. Drops right in place of the original.

15 hours ago, Killer223 said:

i went through 3 t-stats before i broke down and got a cummins one, has 2 stants and one gates i think it was. i really like the cummins one. now only have roughly 5 degree temp swing, then after a while it stays right at 188. for a 190 stat.

i've not had good luck with those.

This is for a 12v. They do not use the same thermostat the 24v uses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2017 at 9:20 AM, jlbayes said:

Is no problem. I just wanted to clarify for any others that came in looking. :thumb1:

I only use the Cummins tstat in my 24v.

I currently use a Dodge 200F out of a 6.7L on my 99, and she runs 197-203 with a peak open of 208

• Like 2

On 12/15/2017 at 4:12 PM, pepsi71ocean said:

I currently use a Dodge 200F out of a 6.7L on my 99, and she runs 197-203 with a peak open of 208

Is this a thing? That would be great.. I would love to run 200-210, and not 190-200. Does it warm up the same? What about maintaining temp when cold out and idling? 

Local Napa employee says that Napa thermostats are Motorrad brand

If it locks open you gotta replace it. I dont think its a good design. A gimmick to sell you a new thermostat when it locks open

Edited by GSP7

On 12/17/2017 at 10:59 AM, Dodgeih said:

Is this a thing? That would be great.. I would love to run 200-210, and not 190-200. Does it warm up the same? What about maintaining temp when cold out and idling? 

Totally, You can ask @Mopar1973Man, I've been testing this for a few years now. It holds steady and will roast you out at operating temp. The T-stat cycles on the Scan Gauge between 197-203, and first open is usually 207-210. But as for a mileage difference I've not noticed much mainly because I'm constantly tuning on the Smarty. 

2 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Totally, You can ask @Mopar1973Man, I've been testing this for a few years now. It holds steady and will roast you out at operating temp. The T-stat cycles on the Scan Gauge between 197-203, and first open is usually 207-210. But as for a mileage difference I've not noticed much mainly because I'm constantly tuning on the Smarty. 

Do you happen to have a part number?  Local dealer can't figure out anything without a part number or last 8 of the vin! ? I want this now!