• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Module Upgrade: Plan is to use a Step-Drill (Uni-drill)

IMG_4231.JPG.68a4f5a165a01ea949499ed5ccf5c999.JPGNeed to drill 5/8" hole in top for bulkhead fitting and a 1/2" hole in the basket. 

I'm concerned about the basket since it's so thin.

Is a Step-Drill best way?

Also, I'm told the caps on the T-Bar just "snap" on/off IOT remove the check-valve.

Either my fingers are weak or someone used glue.  Any advise please?

Thanks.

Leaky

18 hours ago, 015point9 said:

When Vulcan drilled my old one...harbor freight step drill.  About 3 inches from bottom.  .42 inches on calipers.  Top was already had bulkhead fitting in it.

015point9,

Thanks.

Leaky

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:52 PM, 015point9 said:

When Vulcan drilled my old one...harbor freight step drill.  About 3 inches from bottom.  .42 inches on calipers.  Top was already had bulkhead fitting in it.

How many holes were drilled into the basket?

Thanks.

Leaky

2 hours ago, Leaky88 said:

How many holes were drilled into the basket?

Thanks.

Leaky

He drilled one.  BUT check with other people because...  He drilled one and got looking inside and saw my problem.  The straw which was corrugated plastic was also being used to keep module separated. Most have springs used as tension springs, mine had no springs.   My straw was being used sort of like a pogo stick to keep tension between top and bottom.  But heck it worked without any problems over 11 years and 60k miles.  I ended up buying a new one and don’t remember how many hole(s) in new one.  (He was real busy and had to get to airport for a pick up and his phone kept ringing). Might not be bad idea to have hole pointing forward and aft when on hills and 1/8 tank issues?  

I tried to find a pic showing hole(s) with no luck.  Did find this link below that has some directions starting on page 3 about converting module from OEM to what most people prefer for larger fuel line use. 

http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/performance_images/airdog/fuel-module-install.pdf

Edited by 015point9