• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Me78569

Large Injector Race Tune, T = OEM + timing

Large Injector Race Tune, T = OEM + timing

View File

this tune is meant for guys with 7 x .011's and bigger, that are having issues getting timing figured out.   This tune uses OEM timing + a few * of timing as rpm climb.   

at 1500 you get oem + 2*

2k: oem + 3*

2.5K: oem + 4*

3k: Oem + 5*

max: oem + 6*

IT IS VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ONLY USING THIS TIMING TUNING METHOD IF YOU CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU TRUCK WANTS FOR TIMING.

Edited by Me78569

How do you achieve timing like that when everything is set to 0 (factory timing) and rpm vs timing is 12 all across. 

Also have a question on canbus, if we're setting percentage of canbus per psi of boost, I know that even without any boost my canbus can change drastically. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

The flashes within the last 6 months have a hidden function that allows you to use oem timing as the base rather than the quadzilla timing.  It is kinda like a easy timing method.  I don't like it personally but it will be easier to tune.

• As for canbus.  We are setting % of oem canbus at a given rpm.  The oem canbus message is very dynamic depending on tps input,boost, rpm.
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Me78569 said:

The flashes within the last 6 months have a hidden function that allows you to use oem timing as the base rather than the quadzilla timing.  It is kinda like a easy timing method.  I don't like it personally but it will be easier to tune.

• As for canbus.  We are setting % of oem canbus at a given rpm.  The oem canbus message is very dynamic depending on tps input,boost, rpm.

Refresh my memory. Set all timing parameters (screenshot below for reference) to zero, and then the RPM based timing turns into an offset? I kind of want to play with this when there's time.

Screenshot_20171211-194026.png

Edit: I realized as soon as I pressed send that I could just import the tune and look at it... My bad.

Edited by kzimmer

Exactly, set all those to 0 then the rpm settings become an offset over oem for timing.   I think the full timing method is much better for a well rounded timing curve.  

This method resuts in either or type of tune,  either you have good cruise timing or good performance timing, not both.

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Exactly, set all those to 0 then the rpm settings become an offset over oem for timing.   I think the full timing method is much better for a well rounded timing curve.  

This method resuts in either or type of tune,  either you have good cruise timing or good performance timing, not both.

Yeah that makes sense. The ECM can still pull timing for emissions purposes which is counter productive. Still has that goofy curve with a bunch of variables that we don't care about.

Slight problem though. I downloaded the tune and it shows a 12 degree offset acrros the board instead of the 2,3,4,5,6 you have listed. This could be problematic, lol. I think that's what @Dieselfuture was getting at.

Edited by kzimmer
  • Like 1

I HIGHLY recommend not using this method.   Just know that haha.  If you already have a hang of getting timing where you want it then you have no business using easy tune.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.