• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 Cummins - new to me pickup - that has issues

8 minutes ago, 99_Cummins_4x4 said:

Could the ABS codes that I've been getting, is because my tires are 285/75R16 and not the stock 245/75R16 tires, which makes my speedo 4 mph slow?

No I don't think so, as long as they are all same size shouldn't matter. It's got something to do with one of the sensors not reading correctly, be my guess. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

I installed a new clock spring and now my cruise control can turn on and off via the steering wheel switch, but it will not set the cruise control at any speed, even with no brake or ABS lights not being on. I just checked the vacuum line to the cruise control servo, and the line is good because my mity vac did not lose any vacuum when I pumped it up for testing.

So would this be a cruise control servo issue  or maybe the "set" position on the steering wheel switch?

Can a dealership reflash/program the PCM with a different VIN

Call your local dealership

My local dodge stealer claims they dont have the right equipment so the cant do chit

Edited by GSP7

• Owner
14 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

My local dodge stealer claims they dont have the right equipment so the cant do chit

Correction.

My local dodge stealer claims they don't have the properly trained personnel so the cant do chit...

Dodge DRBIII tool can do it but the person operating the tool has to be able to think outside the box. I've seen the same thing said about flashing high idle on these trucks. There is lot that can be programmed and reprogrammed but the operator has to be 5% smarter than the tool they are operating.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Correction.

My local dodge stealer claims they don't have the properly trained personnel so the cant do chit...

Dodge DRBIII tool can do it but the person operating the tool has to be able to think outside the box. I've seen the same thing said about flashing high idle on these trucks. There is lot that can be programmed and reprogrammed but the operator has to be 5% smarter than the tool they are operating.

No the DRB III cannot do what the op is asking. It has never been able to.

• Owner

It can flash a VIN only if the PCM is new... Been there done that when I lost the PCM on the 1996 Dodge. As for changing the VIN number no once its flashed it can't be change unless you replace the PCM which I thought he was doing... My Bad... Need more coffee.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

It can flash a VIN only if the PCM is new... Been there done that when I lost the PCM on the 1996 Dodge. As for changing the VIN number no once its flashed it can't be change unless you replace the PCM which I thought he was doing... My Bad... Need more coffee.

Now I agree. If anyone has a way to wipe the controller it can be updated to the correct vin. Even on a dealership level they do not have this ability.