• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well I’m thinking about doin a turbo swap. I would like to have around 400 450 hp. I will be purchasing a qaud v2 before too long. I’m thinking I will do injectors too. What size would you do with the HE351 and v2? And now for the turbo... do I want the variable geometry or the cw model? I would also like an exhaust brake which I believe is built into these turbos? Has anyone else done this swap? What was your experience? Anyone please chip in with questions comments or concerns. 

Mods should be in signature. Fass 150 is alsonin the books before long! 

And just to clarify the truck is running well now. No issues besides the fact it snowed 6 inches yesterday and I hit the ditch! Took out the neighbors mailbox with deer guard! :mad: Thanks guys!!

the cw doesnt have an eb, the ve does.  You need a standalone contoller for the ve to work.  

for 400 hp towing 7 x .010 for the cw alittle bigger for ve ask the exhaust side can control upper end fueling better.   

For you I would do a cw, I dont think the complexity of the ve install/controll  is a good thing for you.  

3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

the cw doesnt have an eb, the ve does.  You need a standalone contoller for the ve to work.  

for 400 hp towing 7 x .010 for the cw alittle bigger for ve ask the exhaust side can control upper end fueling better.   

For you I would do a cw, I dont think the complexity of the ve install/controll  is a good thing for you.  

Is the controller for the brake? What is involved in the controller?