• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injectors

So I was all set to give my girl a little more pep, and hopefully gain a few MPG's.  My plan was to go with the rv275's but poking around here I saw a post from someone who got 60-75 hp injectors as an upgrade to a stock truck over the rv275's.  My truck is bone stock, with an Air Dog 165 and new vp44 recently added.

I seriously doubt I will ever put a tuner on the truck, so which injectors should I go with?  She's got 330k on the clock and I'm afraid to do "too much" in fear of tearing something else up.  Should I stick the original plan and get the rv275's or something a little larger?

• Owner
On 12/19/2017 at 2:53 PM, gipperkid said:

Trust me. You are going to want more. It all started with an Edge EZ...........Lol.

I would skip Edge Products altogether. Quadzilla is the most versatile tuner for giving you the most control over timing and fuel. If you want to have the same as an Edge EZ either leave the wire untapped or tap the wire and use level 3. Either way your limit to the CANBus only fuel. 

RV275 injectors are not bad nice pickup of power. We are all experimenting with larger injectors and pop pressures and see how far we can go with a clean burning engine. 

On 12/18/2017 at 7:50 PM, leon said:

She's got 330k on the clock and I'm afraid to do "too much" in fear of tearing something else up.

I'm right at 327k today. I'm not scared of the power as long as you keep below 40 PSI of boost your not going to blow head gaskets. I'm running +75 HP (7x0.0085 DAP Injectors) and the Quadzilla (Untapped). I'm only producing 30 PSI boost with an HX35/40 turbo. Eventually, I'll tap the pump again and go back to full power which put me at a max boost of 40-43 PSI. These engines will take quite a bit. The weak spot is automatic transmissions and clutches on manuals. I've upgraded my clutch to South Bend Con OFE. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

6 minutes ago, CTcummins24V said:

47re or nv4500/5600? Thats the limiting factor.

A stock 47re can’t handle rv275s and edge ez or larger injectors. I ran 60hp injectors on a stock tranny it was fine. Then added the EZ, slipped my torque converter twice and that was it.

Yes, 47re.  I have an auto tranny.  So you're saying that a tuner AND larger injectors will slip the transmission.

Edited by leon

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Shouldn't make any difference boost scaling is a wire tap setting.

:duh: you right, I wasn't able to get more than 37psi of boost with wiretap after I put my new turbo in, so I adjusted boost scale from 40 to 35 I believe and my boos went up to 40 psi. I found boost leaks and then I set scale back to 40 and was able to hit 45 psi. 

Sorry for confusion. 

23 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No problem... I just thought it sounded too good to be true. LOL.

Are you pretty happy with your 75hp injectors,  reason I'm asking is I've been thinking about getting a set of 7x12 vco I think they would be a good match for my 62/67/12 hybrid. But at the same time I don't seem to have any problems with the 75hp injectors I'm currently using.