• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So ever since I had the drop in fuel pressure which I have not mechanically tested yet my fuel economy has steadily went down since then. Have not had the chance to hand calculate yet but lie o meter says it went from 16.8 to 14.3. I picked up a tester today so I’ll be able to rest idle pressure soon. Where do I hook up the tester? 

The pressure went went down and then back up to 17 18 at idle and 12 13 wot. 

Used to be 19 20 at idle and 15 16 wot before the drop. 

What do you have for a FP gauge and where do you have it tapped into the fuel line?

Depending on the type of fittings on the mechanical gauge you most likely could tap into the location where your current FP sender is and go from there.

Edited by trreed

Ok I have headed of this ball and spring before. How would you go about keeping all your fuel from spilling out the lines when i unhooked the pump?

I’m thinking ahead as too what pumpni will get if this one is bad...

What do you think about the airdog frrp 150 with the big line kit from thoroughbred diesel? Will it fully support 450 hp? 

Is water air separation vital for me? 

I will be running a qaud and 150 injectors soon btw. 

There is also a Fass 150 adjustable pump... 

I cant really speak to the performance of that pump. I think it's pretty similar to @TFaoro's current lift pump that he's using to supply P7100 presource to his current 380(?) cc ppump. 

There isn't a good way to keep fuel from spilling out unless you have ball valves installed to hold the prime. But if you don't the fuel is gonna leak out. 

You would want 1/2" fuel lines from the tank to the VP with this pump, and you can run it to the stock filter to keep the water separator. 

Edited by trreed

• Staff

Use two pair of needle nose vice grips with vacuum hose pushed over their jaws to clamp fuel hose and adjust to fit hose.   I've used this setup on heater, fuel, brake and transmission hoses with no problems,     

thRZ0XNLY5.jpg.4eb16f1f47e7b309bcf54be40342e7a1.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Why isn't the stock filter good?   I have a Fuel Boss mechanical pump and push the fuel through the stock filer/water separator housing.

I too have the glacier diesel fuel boss. I still use the stock filter housing and fleetguard fuel filters. No issues on my end. 

8 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Why isn't the stock filter good?   I have a Fuel Boss mechanical pump and push the fuel through the stock filer/water separator housing.

8 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

I too have the glacier diesel fuel boss. I still use the stock filter housing and fleetguard fuel filters. No issues on my end. 

Another member here told me the key to long lasting fuel systems is filtration which is why I said they were no good. I’m torn between Fass and Dtt now because if I feel like I need filters I’m going to get a Fass but I would also like to tr a mechanical lift pump... 

3 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Another member here told me the key to long lasting fuel systems is filtration which is why I said they were no good. I’m torn between Fass and Dtt now because if I feel like I need filters I’m going to get a Fass but I would also like to tr a mechanical lift pump... 

Just get a remote filter set up that still uses 2 filters and use factory filter for total of 3 and get mechanical pump

Edit @TFaoro what did you get for your remote filter setup, the one you made a bracket for that will outlast the truck 

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Just get a remote filter set up that still uses 2 filters and use factory filter for total of 3 and get mechanical pump

Edit @TFaoro what did you get for your remote filter setup, the one you made a bracket for that will outlast the truck 

Do you have a recommendation for filter? 

I hand calculated my mpg last night at fill up and I averaged 12.2 mpg. Is that rotten or what? What should I be lookin at? Seems like with a Juice it would go up some? 

On 12/19/2017 at 6:47 PM, trreed said:

What do you have for a FP gauge and where do you have it tapped into the fuel line?

Depending on the type of fittings on the mechanical gauge you most likely could tap into the location where your current FP sender is and go from there.

There is no place to tap where my sender is! 

If you still have a stock vp chances are it's getting wore out and that could be why. You also have 4.10 probably doesn't help much. Filters for remote set up I would say Fleet guard, Donaldson, Baldwin. One water separator one 2 micron filter. Need to figure out what base you'll be using first so you sizes.