• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Service truck and Quadzilla

syndicateshop

So I'm in the process of swapping a 4wd chassis under my service truck and I want to add hot boxes to be able to jump start equipment and such but I keep reading that I'm supposed to unplugmy adrenaline to jump start vehicles. Is that still pertinent with remote jump boxes? I've seen the pics of fried boards and such, but man everytime unplugging and restarting is gonna be a drag..... any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I had same question about it myself, and from what I understand it's gonna happen if you need the jump not the other way around. But I suspect that if you're jumping something and your batteries get weak then it can also happen. I have winch that I used a few times and always wondered if quad can burn out if I drained battery's to far. I use high idle if I'm using winch. @Quadzilla Power

Unfortunately we have seen issues with the boards frying when jumping other vehicles also. The problem comes from the power surge when hooking up to another battery or vehicle. 

You would have to figure out some way to isolate the Adrenaline from the system to protect it.

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I had same question about it myself, and from what I understand it's gonna happen if you need the jump not the other way around. But I suspect that if you're jumping something and your batteries get weak then it can also happen. I have winch that I used a few times and always wondered if quad can burn out if I drained battery's to far. I use high idle if I'm using winch. @Quadzilla Power

As long as it doesn't kill the truck and require a jump start you should be just fine. The problem is the arc and surge of power when hooking up to an outside power source (jump box, other vehicle or charger)

High idle while winching won't hurt anything either

• Thanks 1

@Quadzilla_Stephen would the Adrenaline being on one battery and the jump box on the other be enough? As much as I'd like to run a 3rd isolated battery I'm kinda out of room with the current configuration of my truck..... If I have to shutdown my truck and restart it twice for a jumpstart it males the box that much less appealing.

Couldn’t you just put the quad on a switch inside the truck? I’ve been thinking of doing so because since the cold weather is starting here in Michigan everyone’s vehicles in the campus parking lot aren’t starting cuz they let them sit all week and go to start them on Friday and have a dead battery. Also that would help when beinging your truck to a shop. Just have a switch that you put to “off” and your quad box can’t get hurt from an unknowing tech that could possibly get it. 

10 hours ago, trreed said:

@Me78569 I did not phrase my question well.  My question was supposed to ask if we could just put a switch between the positive battery lead to the Quad, or do we have to switch the red/white trigger wire as well?

@Quadzilla_Stephen do we need to have both wires unhooked from power or just the one on the battery, does edge have same problem, has anyone looked into how they get around it.

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

@Quadzilla_Stephen do we need to have both wires unhooked from power or just the one on the battery, does edge have same problem, has anyone looked into how they get around it.

It SHOULD  be just fine when disconnected from the battery, but we've never tried this. When the battery is disconnected the only other place the adrenaline should be getting power from is the ignition wire. Our thought is that the fuse that this wire taps should protect it, but won't really know until we test.

Guess I'm off to play with the bosses truck for a minute :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kzimmer said:

So... Should we fuse the power wire that feeds the quad from the battery?

You could add one, its not going to hurt. The reason we fill the fuse on the ignition wire will be sufficient to protect the Adrenaline in a jump start scenario (if the power wires from the battery are disconnected or on a switch) is that the ignition wire is not our main source of power. But again this is not tested yet...