• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
Me78569

Testing Injector Pop Pressure in the real world

lolol 250 psi is 17 bar.  bosch says that 310+17 is within spec.... so I guess 327 is the limit lolol

Id put them at 315 bar then

This comes back to your 330 bar setup that you seem to like so much. Makes sense now. Being starting quality is good and smoke reduction is good too.

4 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

which is partially why no one has come forward and said that they could audibly hear a change in timing.  I know for me I honestly heard no difference and I suspect that there was not.

I had mentioned when I first went to 365 bar that it sounded like my idle got a little noisier, a slightly more pronounced rattle. If you've ever heard an injector on a pop tester this makes sense. Pop any given injector at 280 bar, and then 365 bar, and they definitely sound different.

Edited by kzimmer
Spelling

I reran the idle test with the stock bar injectors, I wasn't happy about the 120*f+ difference in egt in the logs it was too much to be correct.  this time the average egt was ~50*f more with 305 bar vs 330 bar, which is much more acceptible. weird thing is we see that 50*f difference in multiple steady state tests.   Rest of the stats are nearly the same.  Results are nearly the same. Conclusions are the same when I compare the 2 sets of injectors.

Edited by Me78569

I've personally noticed a very large fluctuation of EGT's during idling this winter. Nothing recorded. But with different combinations of ambient temp (and subsequent IAT), and ECT, I've seen it float around quite a bit. Not saying this is the case 100% for you, but it makes sense that it could be a little inconsistent.