Mike Needs Help with Medical Bills Read more... ×
Me78569

Testing Injector Pop Pressure in the real world

All of this talk has me questioning rebuilding my dodge with 126,000 miles on her. :lmao:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

What are you replacing it with?

Idk something that will net an easier sell and roi... Probably just 7x.009 or something with my 62\64 hx35 and sell my s475 and compound piping... Make more money selling that stuff off. I just bought 3rd gen so i guess time to get rid of this one

4 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Feel your pain man, I don't see how bodies can wear much, they only house the internals, but I'm not an injector expert ether. 

I've had enough vehicles and most trouble free were always Japanese in the cheaper price range, that said if I ever buy another truck it will be a tundra more than likely, unless I can afford a new Cummins all deleted of course. It all depends on what needs to be done with the truck, heavy loads or just a little boat behind it and occasional house repair stuff. 

I had an 06 Tudra Double Cab. Loved that truck. First brand new truck I ever bought. Lots of power, towed great for its capacity. Definitely missed it when I sold it and bought an 02 Cummins.

10 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

Idk something that will net an easier sell and roi... Probably just 7x.009 or something with my 62\64 hx35 and sell my s475 and compound piping... Make more money selling that stuff off. I just bought 3rd gen so i guess time to get rid of this one

All new? I have considered keeping my HX35 and going compounds instead of a single SXE 362.

15 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

All of this talk has me questioning rebuilding my dodge with 126,000 miles on her. :lmao:

Same here. 90K on my 02. Can't decide if it's worth throwing money into. It's more of a toy than anything.

2 hours ago, gipperkid said:

Definitely missed it when I sold it and bought an 02 Cummins.

Be kinda hard to go from 4 door to retarded backwards doors. Never understood that though. 

3 hours ago, gipperkid said:

Same here. 90K on my 02. Can't decide if it's worth throwing money into. It's more of a toy than anything.

I reached the conclusion for me that even at the age of a 1999, and having already dumped more into the truck then i could sell it for, I've spent more and more time doing work on it. I believe that watching countless people go from 2nd gens into 3rd and 4th gens only to go back to the 2nds, and complain about the cost of injectors, cp3's and emissions its north worth the hassle. It maybe a toy but my 99 will still get up and tow when i need it to. Simplicity of the design also makes them more reliable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Be kinda hard to go from 4 door to retarded backwards doors. Never understood that though. 

Yes I definitely missed the full four doors. I still have my 02 but it's only driven occasionally now. I have a 17 Duramax Crew Cab for the family tow rig now. No hating....

1 hour ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I reached the conclusion for me that even at the age of a 1999, and having already dumped more into the truck then i could sell it for, I've spent more and more time doing work on it. I believe that watching countless people go from 2nd gens into 3rd and 4th gens only to go back to the 2nds, and complain about the cost of injectors, cp3's and emissions its north worth the hassle. It maybe a toy but my 99 will still get up and tow when i need it to. Simplicity of the design also makes them more reliable.

And that is what has me keeping the 2nd gen. Much cheaper to make power and have fun. Plus I have always been partial to the 2nd gen body style.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, gipperkid said:

Yes I definitely missed the full four doors. I still have my 02 but it's only driven occasionally now. I have a 17 Duramax Crew Cab for the family tow rig now. No hating....

And that is what has me keeping the 2nd gen. Much cheaper to make power and have fun. Plus I have always been partial to the 2nd gen body style.

I would argue very much so that it's much cheaper to create safe efficient horsepower in a common-rail pickup... Especially when many third gen barely cost more than 2nd gens if at all to initially purchase...

23 hours ago, gipperkid said:

All new? I have considered keeping my HX35 and going compounds instead of a single SXE 362.

No it is used. It's just a box s475 and all the piping couplers hoses drains flanges.. everything

1 hour ago, Dodgeih said:

I would argue very much so that it's much cheaper to create safe efficient horsepower in a common-rail pickup... Especially when many third gen barely cost more than 2nd gens if at all to initially purchase...

But in my case I already own the truck outright. Buying a 2nd gen new to me is only an option if its mint condition. I almost bought a mint garage kept 1999 3500 auto a few years ago for $17,000. Had 36,000 miles on it! Now a days, its hard to look at dropping 20,000 for a new 3rd gen and then factor in the cost of injectors every 100,000 miles.