• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need some quadzilla direction.

01dodge24v5.9

I've recently installed a quadzilla adrenaline with BT unit on my 01 dodge. I have 7x10sac injectors, s362 turbo, head studs,  4" exhaust, new vp44, bhaf, fass 150.

I did not wire tap it due to having a new vp44. 

First, I'm kinda lost on where to start with adjusting the tune in the quadzilla.

What's safe?

What I can change without wire tap? 

I've seen the down loads on this site 1.9.4 (app?) and the 2.7.4(tune?) What are these?  

Second, I get a bounce in my fuel pressure gauge (quadzilla kit) by about 5psi (I'll attach a short video), I'm running a petcock in line to the sending unit. With it turned almost close I can limit the bounce to about 1psi... is this normal? Or do I need to get my shovel out and start digging around the fass system.

Thanks for your help!

20171219_180139.mp4

Start with this. This is the V2 bible. The Gospel according to Nick.

1psi fluctuation sounds ok to me. If you're worried about it you could probably put a snubber valve before the needle valve.

I'll let someone else chime in or direct to another post about the beta app hosted on this site, V2 stable flash vs V2 beta flash, etc. Search around a little though, there's a plethora of information here.

Edited by kzimmer
Sorry, forgot the link.
  • Haha 3

Thanks for the replies. I just found the V2 bible you are talking about kzimmer. I'll give it a read!

And I wasn't so much worried about the gauge being faulty bc i put a manual gauge in place of the sending unit which also had the same bounce, so I think the fuel pressure its reading is correct. I was more concerned the fass system is possible surging. I didn't know if this was normal for fass and I'm just being OCD or I have a fuel supply problem. 

Thanks you mopar1973man, I'll down load it and look it over. 

What is safe egt, boost, fuel pressure, timing levels etc..... I'm new to the diesel world and still learning.

Also I see people with data log graphs how do I pull my data from the quadzilla so I can read it? 

How to build Data logs

As for whats safe 

any of the fueling adjustments feel free to do whatever you like,  I dont personally believe you can hurt anything via fueling on a vp44.  you can make a bad tune, but the truck will just be slow and smokey it wont blow up.

Since you have studs you are pretty safe for timing as well.  Your truck will run like garbage long before you blow anything up.   

Hard pull sub 1500 rpm I wanna see ~15* of timing if i am trying to spool the turbo, then I want 20* by 2k and then 25* by 2500 rpm and 30* by 3k rpm if I am racing. 

EGT I dont mind seeing 1200*f prolonged while towing, but my setup is hard to get that high with.   unloaded short bursts in a race tune 1500*f wouldn't bother me, but again my truck wont get that hot.  

Boost: reallly depends on what turbo you have.  you always want to keep the turbo in it's map.  

Fuel pressure: 14-20psi is generally accepted as ok.

To start set your fuel load to 2* and your light throttle to 2* tpe reduct to 5* and tps scaling to %50, Then start with 

1500:16

2000: 19

2500: 24

3000: 29

max: 30

See how the truck drives.   Come back to us with any complaints or wishes.  

So I down load it. Go to "my files" click on the file and get the third picture. Saying "unable to find an application to perform this action". 

If I try and open it via the drop down window at the top of the screen(where it says down load complete) it gives my that junk folder. 

Yes Iquad is open prior to download. 

Thanks for all the patients and help! After a couple of days of trying different things my galaxy tab A7, just refuses to open and run the downloads.  Not sure what the issue is? It uses a lollipop operating system for android maybe that's the issue. And yes I'm using 2.5 version dodge v2 98-02 for vehicle setting.

I there a place that has these tunes setting so I can manually enter them into my app? 

Edited by 01dodge24v5.9

Okay I downloaded the excel tune builder, built a tune exported it to google drive, downloaded the tune to my galaxy S5 and get the same "All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or not installed". I've updated the app to 1.9.4 and selected V2 Dodge 1998-2002 and had the app opened first.....

I'm at a loss on what to do to get the tune files to work. I thought it was maybe just the Galaxy Tab A, So I re-did everything on my phone. Still same issues. Any Ideas????

Screenshot (December 26, 2017 4_15 PM).png