• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need some quadzilla direction.

01dodge24v5.9

What is torque management ?

First test run: (above graph) is a roll (13mph) to WOT the dive in CAN bus happens between 17 - 25mph.

Second: From a stop to WOT with new timing (above in red). Seems to happen between 3 - 24mph.

image.png.2c615f8bc5c958a85b4350a8a260febb.png

Third: From a 3mph roll to WOT, happens between 16 - 23 mph.

image.png.ecc992159e9081fef3349f31d1fbcaa1.png

Other thing I notice is i get a stutter on the top end of WOT feels and sounds like a miss.

did you up you max timing value to 30* as well?   

Pulling some timing donw low might help, try it.  Adding more fuel will also help.  If your truck is as clean as stock then you have some room for fueling increase to help spool.   TYPICALLY a slight haze will result in a fuel to air ratio that works good.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay I've got something going on with my truck. It sounds different (more tinney rattle) in the top end, less power, less boost higher EGT's. I pulled the valve cover off and re-torqued everything. I was worried something vibrated loose. Everything was tight. I did start the truck while the valve cover was off, and I could hear what was I think was the injectors. Not sure what they are suppose to sound like?

I haven't changed a thing with any settings in the Quad tuning. I'm running the edge tune, I think my tune setting are in the pages before this post (if not I can post them). Only thing that I found was the set screw on the boost elbow backed out and was gone. I replaced it (screwed all the in) built a "boost tester" pressurized the system, zero boost leaks. I'll add the data logs, the one in green is from January, red one is from today. 

data log.JPG