• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Back up light mod (relay)

Im gonna add a back up light probably one of those round 35w tractor type lights unless I find a similar style 55w

Where can I get a relay and what kind should I get?... auto parts store? 3 prong?

Oh you can post your back up light pictures and ideas too

Here's a 55w fr $32 mucho bucks

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-996176491/overview/

Edited by GSP7

12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Get a 4 prong relay 30 Amp. 

Then you might pick up these bulbs they are much brighter. 100w bulbs...

bulb-and-box.jpg.521e3668db1b7cf520f3ae3

25 hours rated life: Do they burn out fast? 25 hours?

• 12° x 6° beam spread, for a very narrow, powerful beam of light.

Arent those more of a narrow beam driving light rather than a Flood light back up?

Oh,,,, Kuna !

Ive been looking at tons of 6"-7" x 3 1/2" , 36 watt flood beams. Amazon etc different brand.... Prices are all over the place but they all pretty much look the same. 

2 for $40 and the same looking light -$160 to over $200..... whats the deal

Its so confusing :think::doh::whistle:

Edited by GSP7

My light bar I have been working on will be mounted up and above my hitch but below my bumper. I have it wired in on a switch so I can power it on as needed. It's an 18" bar. I am still working on the mounting U bolts. Foggy picture as it was cold and today and had my phone fogged up. 

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG.6b8379cbeb2976877fcca9d01f95c0ff.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG.61c118a8ddd574869d20c02123acd94b.JPG

Edited by Red Rambler

On 12/26/2017 at 5:36 PM, GSP7 said:

Oh,,,, Kuna !

Ive been looking at tons of 6"-7" x 3 1/2" , 36 watt flood beams. Amazon etc different brand.... Prices are all over the place but they all pretty much look the same. 

2 for $40 and the same looking light -$160 to over $200..... whats the deal

Its so confusing :think::doh::whistle:

I actually got a set of 4 of these for $40 on amazon, other 2 are on my headache rack.  So far I am having good luck with the Auxbeam lights, 4 cubes on the back and a 30" bar on the front.  I had a 20" bar but gave it to a friend and it still works great with no moisture going on 2 years now.  The wife got me a Mictuning bar for christmas, gonna see how that one does.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:57 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll never hang lights on the rear bumper. I've crush 3 sets off lights on the bumper. That's why mine hang on the rear diff.

https://mopar1973man.com/garage/vehicle/101-2002-dodge-ram-2500/?show=mods&page=3

DSCF0561.JPG.e7519a8fa4cd6eedc65b7973aa1

I can totally understand that, but I drive better backwards than I do forwards so it's never been an issue.  :thumb1:

Edited by Sycostang67

• Owner
1 minute ago, Sycostang67 said:

but I drive better backwards than I do forwards

You might be up for a challenge?! I started driving backwards before forwards. Every day for school I use to back the family car down the driveway to the front gate. So I knew how to drive backward before forwards. To this day I can typically drive faster than the transmission will let me in reverse. 

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You might be up for a challenge?! I started driving backwards before forwards. Every day for school I use to back the family car down the driveway to the front gate. So I knew how to drive backward before forwards. To this day I can typically drive faster than the transmission will let me in reverse. 

When my dad made dump runs with our little trailer, I was probably 14-15, he would have me back the trailer in as he wasn't very good at it.  My Dad backed into our house once.  :lmao: I also spent a lot of time driving my mothers truck backwards and forwards down our driveway before they built the circle around the house.  :burnout:

• Haha 2

I just ordered two Peterson 507 Par 36, Rubber Tractor/Implement Lights,(35 watt Trapizoid beam) from Rock Auto, best price and lowest shipping total

http://www.pmlights.com/products.cfm?cId=3&fId=15&pId=622

Some places try and rip you off with ridiculous shipping/handleing/tax. charges.

Grote and Blazer also make these .... Peterson mounting bracket attachment looked beefier

Edited by GSP7