• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cold... Very cold

15 hours ago, dogsled said:

Could be a crank angle , cam position sensor going. My beast did this to me last winter in deep river. Minus 40 and my truck was plugged in for 6 hrs.

Negative. Always RPM on the tach when cranking, no CEL, and after it fires it runs great and starts great after immediately shutting off and restarting. 

I guess this is pretty old and I haven't updated. The issue got a little better after re-popping injectors to 330 bar from 365.

I had a couple small fuel leaks. The issue was (is) air in fuel. I replaced every single fuel line and fitting from tank sump to VP inlet. Introduced a much better pre-filter strategy before my Walbro pump to cut back on possible air.

It's much better now, but the longer it sits, the more I have to crank to start it, especially when cold (-32 celsius last night). Still a bit of air getting in, very slowly. Not enough to keep the truck down, but enough to piss me off.