• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sound dampening

Can I test the lash and not adjust while hot or will it still not work?

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You are correct on the lash measurements. 

I'm up by 7am and I won't get home again now till 11pm tonight. 13 hours of driving every other day. (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday). Closing in on a year of doing this.

What I’m the world do you do driving 13 hours every day? No wonder you have so many miles on your truck! Lol 

If this makes anyone feel any better, I get up at 5 and drive 150ml round trip for work every day, and they just cut some of my time off couple of years ago by 2 weeks, it was something they came up with and made it sound good by callingit pto, I argued and tried telling them it wasn't right, but only had few options at the end, take it or leave it. So far I've been dealing with it but as soon as something comes along I'll be showing them :moon: reason I'm still putting up with it is it pays well other then that it's all fake smiles.

Got he valves adjusted and there were several that were out of wack! Seems to idle a tad smoother too. HVnt took it out on the road yet but I’ll update once  I do so. 

Still i I would like to try to lessen road noise in the cab. I have heard that you can buy Frost King duct insulation from Lowe’s and it works well? 

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I have heard that you can buy Frost King duct insulation from Lowe’s and it works well? 

Might work. Dynamat and Boom Mat are two products made for this purpose. I haven't checked prices. If you don't want to piecemeal your own setup, Quietride Solutions makes various kits for our trucks. More expensive, for sure, but everything comes in one box and away you go. www.quietridesolutions.com

• 2 weeks later...

I did the entire bottom of my hood & as much of the interior floor as I could & it did not make much of a difference.  If I ever pulled the engine out I would do behind the factory one, it would have to come out to do it.  

I used a "DynoMat" type product.  it is the "asphalt" type, but not the super stinky version.  its the less stinky version.  LOL.  in the first month I could smell it on super hot days, after that I have not smelled it @ all.  

did it help................... I dont know.  It certainly did not make it any worse, but it did not make it a bunch better either.  

Worth the time & effort........... maybe, what was on the bottom of the hood was falling off & had to go before it got wrapped up in the fan.  LOL.  

• Owner
On 12/28/2017 at 4:19 PM, Marcus2000monster said:

What I’m the world do you do driving 13 hours every day?

Driving 250 miles per day (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) so to keep @MoparMom alive with dialysis treatments. I would still do the valve lash and then shot of 2 cycle oil in the tank and see what you get will noise levels I bet they drop off quick.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Driving 250 miles per day (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) so to keep @MoparMom alive with dialysis treatments. I would still do the valve lash and then shot of 2 cycle oil in the tank and see what you get will noise levels I bet they drop off quick.

Thought I posted earlier but maybe not. I did valves and and oil and seems maybe a lil quieter