• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mystery Fuel Leak

So I can definantly tell where I park my rig due to the fuel stains I leave behind. Where ever its leaking from, the fuel seems to be landing on the top of my starter. Over the summer I replaced a broken lift pump and replaced the metal fuel lines from the top of the tank to where the meet up in front of the fire wall. I've read that these engines basically shake themselves to death causing the return lines to chafe. Anyone know where I can get a fuel diagram to start checking lines? Thanks for the help.

You could be leaking from fuel filter canister, return lines from vp and back of the head that T together on driver side above starter, that T could be also leaking, if you messed with injectors lately check those lines too. Something is telling me either return t or filter housing leaking.

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

They usually leak from filter housing on bottom where heater is attached. My 12v I sold did same thing, I just got rid of a heater all together, there is an adapter that you can unscrew and remove it. At least that's how my 97 was.

When I replaced the lift pump over the summer I went ahead and did the fuel heater delete. The start stays pretty covered and if we are talking about the same thing I don't believe thats it. It seems to be coming from above all of that. Behind the fuel filter near the fire wall.

• Staff

On my old 92 I had to eventually change almost all the fuel lines from tank to lift pump. A lot of mine on that 92 where plastic and those where the areas that went bad. When we went to the new Obama fuel I had some leaks develop on a couple sealing washers between banjo bolts. I think that might be what you have going on.