• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Version 2.7 final

Me78569

Talked with @Quadzilla Power today about the 2.7 beta -> final move.  We both decided that the boost offset feature was causing more trouble than it was worth.   we have reverted how the late model trucks read  boost to using the 13 psi offset.    The way the truck drives is perfectly fine if idle psi is 0, 1, or 2 psi.   It is annoying but trying to solve the issue just complicates things more than most are willing to work with.

the mpg trip and mpg meter +  improved handoff stayed in place.    

I know I have said this a few times, but I think V2 tuning is wrapped up and done done.    Now onto V3 :whistle: 

:shifty:  

kidding of course.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

Nick sorry what vehicle profile do we use with this flash to have the mpg stuff, and is there a new app for it also. I don't see mpg stuff in version v2 dodge 1998-2002 version 2.5 or just use the v2 quadzilla only test2 version 2.7 I guess it's says that :think:

Edited by Dieselfuture

28 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

the new flash does not have the code enabled in it.  

Sorry I'm not that bright, that means it just won't respond to what I set it to in the 2.7 quadzilla only app, it will just ignore it since it's not enabled, so even if I set it to 50 it will change nothing as its not part of new code. I think that's what you're saying. Don't let me keep talking, already feel stupid.:shifty:

I'm not messing with you, just want to be sure, :poke:

I'll take it as yes :kick:

Edit. Just reread it few times and yeah I'm not that bright you already answered my question twice but I'm not a code writer ether, it takes me a little bit. All good now moving on. Awaiting v3 :mad@computer:

Edited by Dieselfuture

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's related but today I drove the truck with new flash and when I got off the hwy sitting at stop light I noticed some smoke went by the truck so I reved it up few times and it smoked mostly white with light blueish tint to it every time I hit the pedal, but when I took off it was normal grayish smoke. It was idling around 11 for timing, not sure if it's related to timing. Drove around town for another half of the hour and it never did again 

Edit

Fuel pressure was around 17-18 psi unless vp timing piston is sticking 

Edited by Dieselfuture

I know that it can be a pain to hit menu button on top left corner of screen so wanted to share this. I got this s6 that has an older software on it and when I downloaded the app 1.9.40 from download section my phone also has a larger circle with 3 buttons on it in bottom left that is much easier to touch. Now I don't know if its my phone that does this or something else, but on my other s6 that is up to date with same app I only have the smaller menu button top left that is hard to excess. 20180122_172623.jpg.e738fa2fa18c0ab101891261fed6cd8e.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, Me78569 said:

mpg is still in beta so that is the v2 quadzilla only profile.  

Either profile will work, but the public profile doesnt have the mpg stuff yet. 

Is it still the case now or something changed. It looks like 2.7 got some more updates not sure what else changed.