• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Leaky88

99 Ranger XLT 2.5LT 2WD 5SP Anitfreeze Leak

Hi,

306K on the Clock. (Good truck. Normal maintenance cost.)

"Slow"Antifreeze Leak Right Front side of Engine. Small 3/4" diameter puddle.

Leak evidences itself in morning "after" driving. 

No overheating, heat is good in cab.

Looked at if from every direction and no signs of leakage.

Checked/wiggled all hoses, clamps - all are dry.

Nothing around pump, radiator or side freeze plugs.

Oil is NOT foamy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Leaky

Easiest way to track it down is to get a cooling system tester and pressurize the system cold. Leave the pressure on the engine for extended period of time then as it weeps it will leave a wet trail to the source of the leak. Like on my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 had the same problem you could smell the coolant under the hood. Never dripped on the floor but if you pressurized the system it started dripping on the floor and left a wet trail to the source which in my case was the passenger side intake gasket was shot from low pH coolant that worked a pin hole in the gasket. Did a manifold gasket kit and no longer an issue. 

MoparMan,

Thanks, I'll do that first.  

Truck is due to for a timing belt change, this new symptom just moved it up I guess. :)  Appreciate the feedback.

Leaky

Moparman,

Any recommendations on a brand of tester?

I need an excuse to buy a tool.

Leaky