• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

BUG - iQuad App crash

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Some of you know I use my LG G5 cellphone for my iQuad app. 

Now if I got the iQuad app running and a phone call happens to come in while it running. The phone call continue like usual and the screen typically go blank because iQuad lost the foreground position. So after I finish the phone call and switch back to the iQuad app the screen in pure black. Nothing there. You have to shut down and restart several times to get iQuad fired back up. Rather annoying. Here is my cellphone info below. 

Capture+_2018-01-08-13-23-17.png

That's why I have a separate cheap phone just for the truck, not saying that that is a solution, I suppose not everyone want to buy all these extra devices, or maybe it can be made more clear when purchasing quad, that works best with a dedicated device with airplane mode turned on and no other devices linked. :shrug:

• Owner

Well for myself. My phone is multi-tool of my cab. I make and take phone calls all the time that I'm driving. I can send text by voice commands (Google App). Then I have limited radio signal out here so much easier to load the phone up with a 2-3 GB worth of music. Then I run both bluetooth channels with iQuad on one side on the OBDLink LX on the other channel. So when I get from home to Ontario my phone is a bit warm to the touch. It gets USED! So even if I got a dedicated device that would just piss me off. I just left that behind because I was using a tablet and phone both. Now I'm down to one device again and way less mess in the cab.  

So that is not a solution. I don't want to have to buy 3 phones just so I can have OBDLink LX on one phone, iQuad on a second phone and then my actual phone that handle the Mopar1973Man business from can you imagine 3 gooseneck and 3 phones in the cab. That's not a solution that another problem. :doh:

• Like 1

• Owner

One Bluetooth is iQuad the second Bluetooth in my OBDLink LX. As for the iQuad it still possibly going but the screen for the iQuad is black. no display at all. Switch to another app its fine but come back to the iQuad it just black no gauges nothing just black. Closes normally and you have to restart several times to get the app to hook. Lot of the attempt it just says there no connection. Then it quits and never tries again so you close and restart. That problem never left and it weird. I'll keep an eye on that and see if there is some more clues. 

Mine never lost connection with the iQuadBT. I will try and purposefully lose a connection and bring it back up to see if that affects anything. 

I tried forcing it to lose the connection by turning the key off and letting the truck die. I stayed on the phone while I turned the key back on to restart the bluetooth. I waited a full minute on the phone then hung up the phone. When the phone app hung up I was already back connected to the iQuad device with no problems whatsoever. The only thing I can think to try is to remove the OBDLink for a test to see if they are somehow interfering with each other. 

Let me know how that works for you.