• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air conditioning on/off switchand blend door

• Staff

Yes it will work with an on/off switch but you lose the simple factory switching for those that are AC operationally challenged.    

The red line shows the original ground path.  When you cut the light green/white wire your just changing the ground path (blue line).

Scan_20180126.jpg.e8d5c343d9c952e04c632e38365fad7e.jpg

585393531_Scan_20180824(2).jpg.2eae2b40965d8e56b4d9787b544fead0.jpg

Edited by IBMobile
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @IBMobile I just want a simple on/off for ac like my car has, I don't care at all how dodge made it. 

Just to clarify, this on/off switch for that green/white wire to make ground will turn compressor on/off and use all pressure switches like designed, right? I'm sorry I'm like @dripley electricly challenged when it comes to diagrams. It makes sense but want to be sure before I go cut things up. 

Blend door might just go on a choke cable :whistle:

• Like 1

• Staff
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Dieselfuture said:

Just to clarify, this on/off switch for that green/white wire to make ground will turn compressor on/off and use all pressure switches like designed, right?

Yes the pressure switches are utilized.  If you look at the wire diagrams just above you'll see the light blue circled area is the same in both.  This is where the PCM and switches are joined to the AC dash controller at connector C-130 in the PDC.

I tried this on my truck.  I removed the HVAC controller to access the wires behind it and when I ground the light green/white wire the AC clutch is engaged all the time, in all vent positions, while the truck is running 

Edited by IBMobile
  • Thanks 1

So I spoke with @IBMobile on the phone last night and yes what I posted with pictures is how it's done. We drove about 180 ml this morning and it's working as it should. I can have a selector in any position and toggle a switch and it works :thumbup2:

So I'm happy and once again thanks to @IBMobile for figuring it out. 

It should come in handy in the winter. One thing should be done is to cycle ac every so often to keep things lubricated.