• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo/Injectors for Heavy towing

Looking for some of your opinions on matching injectors and turbo for moderate to heavy towing. I tow alot at 10-15k and occasionally 15-20k mostly hay and cattle. I have done a fair amount of research on this topic but haven't come to a decision yet. I've heard good things about the BW screaming eagle turbos. Im considering 100 hp dap injectors. I'm still running the stock turbo and injectors at 100k miles. I have to pull the ex manifold because the previous owner broke a drill bit off trying to install the pyro. Any opinions on a replacement manifold? 2001 6spd 

Thanks for your help/opinions

I like vco nozzles. 

There are some changes needed, it is not drop in.  he351cw is a holset turbo from a 3rd gen cr 5.9 truck.

Downpipe, hot pipe, and flab up a wastegate bracket.  

for the price a he351cw can be had you really can't beat it.  it moves ~65 lb/min of air and spools faster than most other turbos out there. 

That's good to know. I'm really thinking about getting rid of my Smarty and getting the quadzilla iquad. Im pretty ignorant when it comes to computers and downloading stuff. It seems a little intimidating to me 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jdg said:

That's good to know. I'm really thinking about getting rid of my Smarty and getting the quadzilla iquad. Im pretty ignorant when it comes to computers and downloading stuff. It seems a little intimidating to me 

Nothing most of us haven't dealt with it's all about how willing you are. Lots of info here to get going.

On the other hand I had a turbo built buy

http://www.northamericanturbo.com from hx35/40 and some other turbo parts,

62/68/12 And using 75 hp injectors I'm pretty happy, direct bolt in.  if you call them talk to Zack and tell him your goals, I didn't even send my original turbo in kept it as a spare and paid I believe $100 for a core. I have less than thousand bucks in mine with the core. Quad with v2 is a way to go no matter what setup you choose. I'm glad @jlbayes recommended Zack as I was lost on what turbo to go with, all I knew is I wanted 60 or 62 compressor wheel and didn't want to spend over a thousand bucks, my other dilemma is that I have an exhaust brake and had to have a turbo that would still work with it. Side note, Zack told me they only use genuine parts no Chinese junk, but they do work on any kind of Turbo including Chinese junk, he said it was hit-or-miss with China stuff. 

20 hours ago, Jdg said:

Let me know if I can help with anything or answer any Questions about the Quadzilla

Where is the best place to buy the quad with V2? I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 for my phone. I have a couple old I phones too that I can use for a screen. Does it come with everything I need or do I need to buy some other accessories? I've heard you need itunes to download data. Can I use my wifes computer and iTunes account for that? Thanks for the help 

Doesn't matter where you get it.  We have it here in the store.  

Samsung devices don't like the tune import function beyond that they work fine.  I always suggest a dedicated device that runs the app 24/7 this will make you a lot happier than having ot start the app then connect etc etc.  

It comes with everything other than fuel pressure sensor, but you can add that at checkout.  

You can export datalogs and tunes via any method the phone will allow.  I use google drive, others use email.  Itunes is not required.

It will work fine without service.  

I dont recommned an I device though.  When it comes time to replace it due to x y z then you will pay much more compared to an old andriod device.  Also consider that Ios requires the wifi iquad and the andriod uses bluetooth.  

Wifi does connect a little faster, but it does require you manage you WIFI networks if you want to datalog export / import into the app.  Where as the bluetooth setup you dont have to worry about multiple wifi networks etc.  

The Andriod datalogs are also better when it comes to timestamps.  It is a difference in terms of how the OS allows writing to csv.  IOS is much more picky about how things work so features tend to be delayed.  andriod is much more open to allowing different apps to interface with the iquad app.  

Due to that I always recommend the andriod / bluetooth iquad setup.

• Like 2