• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stereo/Aux Input question

I found this article here about the Aux input, but it has me a bit confused....

when I look @ these pictures, the radio that is being modified looks exactly like mine, so Im assuming that its the same one as the only other one I have seen is a single height radio, not like the one in the article above. 

Also the article mentions, " I did see a write-up on here for the Infinity system, but not the cd/cassette Chrysler radio".  This has me confused.  I have had the door panels off of my truck & it does have the infinity speakers in the doors  with the Amps bolted to them.  I assumed that this meant that the radio is also an infinity as well.  is this not the case? 

it appears from the pictures in the write up, that he is soldering the wires for the jack to the pins on an input connector that is on the back of the radio.  is that true?  If it is true, cant I just plug into that connector that is on the back of the radio?? 

thanks

Bob

If you have an infinity headunit this write-up wont work for you.  You will need to find the writeup for the infinity head unit.

I didn't just soldier to the back pins,  I spliced the wires into the tuner output to the amp, then used the 1/8" headphone jack to complete the radio if the jack is unused.  If you don't cut the pcd leads then you will get audio from the radio and form the aux input.   

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
8 hours ago, Bobalos said:

Hmmmmmmmmmm I wonder how well that works?  I might have another use for that......

thanks

Bob

14 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Another solution is an FM transmitter. This is how I do it in my old 1996 Dodge Ram since its an aftermarket CD deck.

https://www.amazon.com/Doosl-Universal-Wireless-Transmitter-Adapter/dp/B018QN4INM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522242049&sr=8-3&keywords=fm+transmitter

Works good. Very short range though typically in the cab it works the best if on the seat or on the dash. At floor level kind of OK. I've got a old one that run on two AAA batteries and it will work for about a week on a set of battery as long as you remember to turn it OFF when it park the truck. That's the bad part batteries...