• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Too Funny not to share!

• Owner
2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

but price and all the other bull no thanks.

I'm not going to touch this... The truth though is the only reason why there is all these problem people are paying 60-70k for a truck are not willing to gamble much with modifications not to mention taking the chance of voiding the warranty. Now if we had prices down to what we paid for our 2nd Gen's then I would jump in and buy a 4th Gen and learn how to make then better without deleting them. That's cheating.  Kind of like p-pumping a 24V to ditch the ECM and VP44. So since no one is willing to modify or be there own warranty station on a 4th gen. So here we are complaining about 4th gen problems. :shrug:

18 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I think they will too

While parking next to all the newer CTD's (they all seem to congregate in this one place I go) out of all,... the second gen looks the best. IMHO.

That toy truck is funny as heck! Mainly because how accurate it is. 

I agree on the looks of the second gen also.

Here is the window sticker from my new truck I just got. $40,000 in 2002 run through an inflation calculator is equal to $55,000 today. Prices are kinda equal. 

D67F9ED4-C9FF-48C6-8651-353407AD555A.jpeg

Edited by Ben
Forgot picture
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ben said:

That toy truck is funny as heck! Mainly because how accurate it is. 

I agree on the looks of the second gen also.

Here is the window sticker from my new truck I just got. $40,000 in 2002 run through an inflation calculator is equal to $55,000 today. Prices are kinda equal. 

D67F9ED4-C9FF-48C6-8651-353407AD555A.jpeg

Iv got my original window sticker too! I like the looks of the 4th gens very the comfort they provide on lengthy trips is great! Dad bought a 2017 3500 Laramie 1 ton recently. It is unbielievable how much more advanced it is is compared to my 2000 3/4 ton. The power it has is almost twice the stock power of mine! Let me tell you it will pull a hill like theres fire under its tail even when fully loaded down! Ill have to say I'm very impressed witht the truck. 

• Like 1

• Staff

I have to wonder if getting a newer 4th gen CTD, because of all it's advancements, would you be setting yourself up to have to trade in the truck sooner than a less advanced truck!?

Anyway it seems that trouble shooting problems become more difficult on a more complex/ advanced rig.

• Like 1

@JAG1 I'd have to agree. They're trying to weed out back yard mechanics with newer vehicles, soon you'll need too many advanced tools to work on anything and only would make since to purchase for a shop not for every day joe. That's why I'm keeping this truck forever no matter how much I hate it at times, but there is always going to be a way to hack stuff.

• Like 3