• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New guy. Not his first 24v day.

Ben

Hi guys!!

Im new here.  

Just brought home a 2002 2500 Laramie  6 speed with 103xxx miles.  Bone stock. 

It felt like home. 

I originally had a 2001.5 that I bought in 2002 and discovered the world of a modded Cummins. 

It was a lot lot of fun. 

I learned that 310 horse at rear wheels has zero issue pulling out and passing people at 70 with 20k on the deck of gooseneck. 

Seats killed me on road trips. Lost my mind and sold it in 2011. Dumb ***. 

Regeretted that sale 3 months after it. 

Bought a little speedy just wrong 2500 a few years ago. 

Absolute menace until warmed up and wanted to kill you. Fun as hell. 

Nothing could touch it in a roll on. 

My buddy in WI that bought it said the first vehicle he went against was a 1300 horse GTR 

Guy said best showing anyone has ever given him. 

After er I sold the 01.5 I bought a 

2012 Chev 1500 with 6.2

2014 ram ecodiesel.   Good truck 

2016 Chev 3500 with 6.0.  I didn’t have that a year in my possession. Sold it 3 weeks ago. 

And here we sit.  With a 2002  Dodge Cummins with 6 speed and leather. 

There are small things. But thing is good shape for its age. 

Its the brother to my original truck. 

Although mine you could eat off the underside. 

I was happy having to deal with stock power today on crappy roads. 

Although i I do still have muscle memory to yank it into 4 hi in a blink between shifts. 

BD709CAD-BFE9-4FBB-A2D7-C04F52A80BFE.jpeg

A26EEC35-8469-464B-9D07-E6A2AD4E8E3B.jpeg

E0344029-34D8-4E59-ABFB-C674FB0DA065.jpeg

I see a lot of familiar informative faces on here. 

Ive been reading a lot lately. 

I always  dug mopar

mans posts on cf. learned a lot 

like I said.  I’m home. 

Edited by Ben
  • Thanks 1

12 miles North of Bemidji in Turtle River.

Thanks!!

Like I said...not my first rodeo with these. 

I am glad I have the I want xxx hp out of my system. 

Smarty, maybe RV 275's or DFI 100's and we are good.  

I really liked his 6x13's in the little truck and his 100's in the old truck.

Address fuel system, in tank stock pump "upgrade",I fricking cringed when he said that,  and I am happy. 

And I really missed gauges. That too.

Still has factory puke bottle. 

But the radiator is clean as heck. Original owner emptied it every oil change. 

That will go bye bye. 

I almost lit up and said that was a factory TSB. But gotta pick yo spots...and that wasn't one of them.

Edited by Ben

• Owner
2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I would suggest an edge ez or quad zxt and some 7 x .009's.  I am much bigger fan of the timing maps on those units compared to the S03

I tend to agree with @Me78569 .

I'm no longer a fan of canned tuners like Smarty S03 or Edge EZ, Edge Comp, or Edge Juice. Most of the people here are jumping into the Quadzilla Adrenaline tuners and the custom tunning. The only other tuner right now in the same class is the Smarty UDC / Smarty touch but remember Smarty is still only a 60-65 HP tuner yet compared to a 180 HP Quadzilla Adrenaline tuner. Price wise the Quadzilla bet it hands down sorry to say. 

I'm running DAP (7x0.0085) +75HP injectors and a 35/40 Hybrid Turbo (60/60/12) run pretty darn good with just CANBus fueling only on the Quadzilla Adrenaline. 

Ask @Me78569 about his injector pop testing thread that a good read!

21 hours ago, Ben said:

I always  dug mopar

mans posts on cf. learned a lot 

Thanks. I wish I had the time to wander websites like in the past but when I'm managing other websites now for their owners it keeps me rather busy. That's why you don't see me on CF much anymore. 

Interesting. Thanks. 

I have been a fan of the Smarty since the MAD ECM days.

I liked the drive ability of it. 

I originally had an EZ and wasn't impressed with it. Seemed like it fell off past 2k rpm. 

Had the MVP for a while and liked that a lot except that the box seemed to come alive at 7psi. Cruise control got interesting sometimes. 

I have no intentions of tapping the wire with this. 

I'll research Quadzilla boxes. Does the ZXT do boost fooling also? Reason I ask is that I see them offer separate boost foolers. 

I'll check out his thread. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Data logging of the Smarty is here

the xzt and ez are nearly the same, both boost fool.  If you want more "driveablity" than the ez offer then get bigger injectors.  

Cool! Thanks!!

I just went though a lot of that thread. 

Holy Crap. Top notch fricking work guys. 

Seriously. 

I am re - learning. When @Me78569 threw up the data logging my jaw dropped. 

I hadn't realized the 24 valves evolved this far. I am out of the loop. Bad

I absolutely love this site for the knowledge. Especially the 24 valves. 

Thank you thank you.

BTW - I do have a dyno sheet from 2007 where I tested DDP 150's, Super B, stock ECM setting, Smarty 3,7,9, and a Smarty #6 stacked with an EZ.

I would love to see them.  I would really curious to #9 vs the stack . I would think those would be about = in terms of how fast they hit peak duration, but the timing of the Smarty would have been nearly static on a dyno and the ez would have been much more dynamic. 

I will see if I can get it loaded from my phone. Its a busy sheet because this was all one sitting. But this is the only dyno I have ever used and the same operator. 

I remember the operator commenting on the stack. He said it sucked from his end. 

I also have a sheet of same injectors/charger, MVP, and MVP/Smarty 8.

I may even have one comparing EZ/RV 275's to MAD ECM(Smarty 9)/RV 275's

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I would love to see them.  I would really curious to #9 vs the stack . I would think those would be about = in terms of how fast they hit peak duration, but the timing of the Smarty would have been nearly static on a dyno and the ez would have been much more dynamic. 

6DD20F3E-DC7D-4B3C-9C57-BDE14AB8B339.jpeg