• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mine held just fine with a 75hp banks tuner put on at 100k. Pulled a 5th wheel at about 14k with it too. Added some RV275's at about 175k and kept on going. That stock one lasted another 75k or so more. So i would say there should be no problem.

1 minute ago, dripley said:

Mine held just fine with a 75hp banks tuner put on at 100k. Pulled a 5th wheel at about 14k with it too. Added some RV275's at about 175k and kept on going. That stock one lasted another 75k or so more. So i would say there should be no problem.

I think I should be ok too. Would you recommend brand new genuine rv275s or DAPS 7x0.008 50 hp vco injectors? I think my injectors are finally going south. 

I have the DAP 50's in mine right now. Very similar. I think either are good. I think they their own RV275's. Might be wrong though just ask them. If you get both do the injectors first then drive it a little and you can see the difference they make alone. Then add the tuner. Which tuner are you looking at?

Should have read you're sig a little closer. I see what you have coming.

Edited by dripley

17 minutes ago, dripley said:

I have the DAP 50's in mine right now. Very similar. I think either are good. I think they their own RV275's. Might be wrong though just ask them. If you get both do the injectors first then drive it a little and you can see the difference they make alone. Then add the tuner. Which tuner are you looking at?

Should have read you're sig a little closer. I see what you have coming.

haha yea. I may end up going with an XZT though. I'm strapped for cash and I don't want more than 100 to 120 extra hp but well see. Iv heard the xzt has better timing control than the ez. I will def be doing injectors first. 

Trying to decide if I should go with a set of remanned rv275s or a brand new set of 75s or 50s. Whats your suggestions guys? 40s 50s 75s? I am aware that I may slip my clutch soon but idk if jumping from 50s to 75s will make a difference in that? I'm looking at the valair single disc 500 hp clutch. They claim theyre a good towing and daily clutch. thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

With everything, Nick @Me78569 is learning about pop pressure my next set of injectors might be 100 or 150 HP injectors. Even my current injectors I'm going to have to pull them and re-pop to 315-320 bar to gain more MPG from these + 75 HP injectors. 

I thought that once you went over 75s you did not receive any mpg gain? Does the quad tuning alleviate that myth or what? I think I'm going to have DAP set my pressures at 320. IS that a good pressure for injectors tht small?

• Owner
1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I thought that once you went over 75s you did not receive any mpg gain?

Originally yes. Now with what @Me78569 and other are learning about pop pressure and Quadzilla tuning that limit is not as bad anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Does the quad tuning alleviate that myth or what?

Quadzilla allows for tunning below stock fuel rates to control excess fuel and smoke issues no other tuner can do this. Well The Smarty UDC could but its way more complex to tune.

3 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I think I'm going to have DAP set my pressures at 320.

Stock pressure 310 bar (4,500 +/- 250 PSI) 293-327 Bar is stock range. This is all experimental yet so I'm also thinking like Nick suggested for me to be 315-320 bar for my own injectors. 

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Originally yes. Now with what @Me78569 and other are learning about pop pressure and Quadzilla tuning that limit is not as bad anymore. 

Quadzilla allows for tunning below stock fuel rates to control excess fuel and smoke issues no other tuner can do this. Well The Smarty UDC could but its way more complex to tune.

Stock pressure 310 bar (4,500 +/- 250 PSI) 293-327 Bar is stock range. This is all experimental yet so I'm also thinking like Nick suggested for me to be 315-320 bar for my own injectors. 

That's interesting. I have to hand it to you and @Me78569 for figuring all that out! WHAt would you suggest I set my pop at?

• Owner

Unknown as of yet. I'm not sure what I'll get for the 315-320 bar range I'm wanting to try it. I'm just waiting for the weather to straighten out so I can down the Cummins for week or so and drive the old 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 back and forth for MoparMom's dialysis runs. I'm just not getting the consistent MPG number yet I bet the high pop will clear a bunch up for me including the light bit of smoke I'm getting yet. 

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Unknown as of yet. I'm not sure what I'll get for the 315-320 bar range I'm wanting to try it. I'm just waiting for the weather to straighten out so I can down the Cummins for week or so and drive the old 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 back and forth for MoparMom's dialysis runs. I'm just not getting the consistent MPG number yet I bet the high pop will clear a bunch up for me including the light bit of smoke I'm getting yet. 

Ok. So what do you think about 75s on stock clutch? I know I’m going to slip it eventually but if I take it easy for a while...

I really dont think there is a need to increase pop on small injectors.  I dont think you will find anything other than issues.  

My theory is that as injector size increases you gain more room to play with pop before you run into stalling / idle / poor running.  

Add to it that we are still VERY early in the process for results.  I really can't in good faith recommend anyone up pop pressure without more data.    Some of us like to mess with stuff, like Mike and myself, but hte average guy shouldn't jump on the band wagon yet.  

at set of 7 x .010's, provided they are built well, should run really good at 300 bar pop. The perks dont start to show until you get higher in the injector size.  There MAY be MPG perks, but again WAY to early to know that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I really dont think there is a need to increase pop on small injectors.  I dont think you will find anything other than issues.  

My theory is that as injector size increases you gain more room to play with pop before you run into stalling / idle / poor running.  

Add to it that we are still VERY early in the process for results.  I really can't in good faith recommend anyone up pop pressure without more data.    Some of us like to mess with stuff, like Mike and myself, but hte average guy shouldn't jump on the band wagon yet.  

at set of 7 x .010's, provided they are built well, should run really good at 300 bar pop. The perks dont start to show until you get higher in the injector size.  There MAY be MPG perks, but again WAY to early to know that.

No sports im not jumping on that wagon! Haha I’m going by your and mikes recommendations. So a set of 75s is best left at stock pop pressure?

are rebuilt injectors from dap a good option? 

We really dont know what happens with pop pressure on such a small injector.  So we dont have a recommendation.  The only testing any of us have done is with 7 x .012's and bigger.  

Unless Mike get's seat time with his injectors, repopped at higher pop I can't say you should do anything other than normal configuration.

3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

We really dont know what happens with pop pressure on such a small injector.  So we dont have a recommendation.  The only testing any of us have done is with 7 x .012's and bigger.  

Unless Mike get's seat time with his injectors, repopped at higher pop I can't say you should do anything other than normal configuration.

I will prob do the normal. 

13 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Cummins would be one spot but my experience they quoted me about $660 for all six connector tubes. So I bought mine at Vulcan Performance for way less I think it was right around $100 or so (CRS moment...) Cummins was way too proud of there brand name. 

I dont think I need new tubes. I was referring to o rings for the tubes. My bad...