• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Adrenaline and RV275s

Marcus2000monster

I'm curious how this setup would do together? My stocks are on the way out so I'm going to be getting new soon. I am going to try to go with an adrenaline I think. I took  a Smarty on trade to unlock high idle and tried some tunes while I was at it. It had a lot of power but was pretty grabby down low. I also tried the Edge EZ and Juice with Attitude so I think its back to the quad. I don't want to go to big on injectors because my hp goals are already exceeded by the Qaud. Do rvs smoke much? 

If you go with a quadzilla ADR there is NO POINT in getting anything less than 7 x .010's  the truck will drive WAY better with big injectors and tuning that controls the fueling.  

by running small injectors you have to run a ton of duration to get that hp goal.  

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

If you go with a quadzilla ADR there is NO POINT in getting anything less than 7 x .010's  the truck will drive WAY better with big injectors and tuning that controls the fueling.  

by running small injectors you have to run a ton of duration to get that hp goal.  

What about 75s? I cant afford much more than so unfortunately. 

Looking at DAPs website looks like I can get a set of 7x0.009s for the same as the 75s. They are vco style though. 

Are 125s sufficient? Sorry I'm jumping around. Ill prob leave wiretap off until I get a clutch and some other upgrades...

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Be glad you own a 24V 2nd Gen... Take a look at CR Engine Injectors. Your talking at least $3,000 for a new set of injectors typically. 

Lol so true! You have 75s with your Qaud right? And your getting in excess of 20 mpg? @Me78569 What mgp are you getting?

One thing about the smarty is in one mile my mpg already started going up! 

• Owner
7 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

You have 75s with your Qaud right?

Yes Sir.

7 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

And your getting in excess of 20 mpg?

So far my high mark was 21.04 MPG if I remember right. I'm waiting for low cetane fuel to return and high intake temperatures again. Cold fuel, cold air and high cetane really make it a battle for MPG's. 

100-140 IAT Temp is optimal. Aids in the ignition of the fuel with warm air.

100-120*F Fuel temp is optimal. Ignites easier and early!

40-43 Cetane is optimal. More BTU's!

As soon as IAT drops below 80*F the ECM will jump up another roughly 3* of timing advancement. Cold fuel takes more time to ignite hence why cold engine timing can be as high as 21-22* degrees rolling light load. 

Yes Sir.

So far my high mark was 21.04 MPG if I remember right. I'm waiting for low cetane fuel to return and high intake temperatures again. Cold fuel, cold air and high cetane really make it a battle for MPG's. 

100-140 IAT Temp is optimal. Aids in the ignition of the fuel with warm air.

100-120*F Fuel temp is optimal. Ignites easier and early!

40-43 Cetane is optimal. More BTU's!

As soon as IAT drops below 80*F the ECM will jump up another roughly 3* of timing advancement. Cold fuel takes more time to ignite hence why cold engine timing can be as high as 21-22* degrees rolling light load. 

Any reason to go bigger than 75s besides Nicks reasons? 

Which is why I ordered a High idle switch from you! Lol

• Owner
1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Which is why I ordered a High idle switch from you!

Little secret my Daily tune doesn't require the MPG mode. I built it into my tune on the quadzilla. Then the High idle switch I rarely use because the Quadzilla I can set the warm temp to 140*F so it ramps up to 1,200 for warm up but kicks out at 140*F saving more fuel. Where the high idle runs till 170*F. The only thing the Quadzilla can't do is 3 Cylinder high idle but that would be rare to need this winter. 

WARNING: Make sure you don't use both at the same time I've heard that it can vapor lock the pump and force you to crank injector lines if it happens. ECM and Quadzilla don't mix good together. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Little secret my Daily tune doesn't require the MPG mode. I built it into my tune on the quadzilla. Then the High idle switch I rarely use because the Quadzilla I can set the warm temp to 140*F so it ramps up to 1,200 for warm up but kicks out at 140*F saving more fuel. Where the high idle runs till 170*F. The only thing the Quadzilla can't do is 3 Cylinder high idle but that would be rare to need this winter. 

WARNING: Make sure you don't use both at the same time I've heard that it can vapor lock the pump and force you to crank injector lines if it happens. ECM and Quadzilla don't mix good together. 

How did you build it into the tune? Your saying don't run the switch and the Qaud high idle at the same time?

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Ill tell you a lil secret. I actually have a set of DDP 75Hp Sac injectors that I took on trade. I was considering running them which is why I asked opinions. But you mention using bigger as to lower duration. I thought about sending the 75s to DAP and having 125hp nozzles installed and pop tested. WHat do you think about that?

But then again I may just run the 75s without wiretap  until I can cough up the cash to have the nozzles upgraded. Thoughts?

Edited by Marcus2000monster
  • Like 1

Heck, if you got the +75HP SAC run them.

Jump on a Quadzilla you'll be set.

Talk to @dieselautopower I'm sure Jacob would be cool with doing some upgrade work for you later for a good price. 

DDP seems to be a good company. Eventually I would love to get these built to 150s or just get new. Maybe by then ill have a He351 on the Green Been... :woot:

Mind you I didn't pay the 800$ for a new set of DDPs they were used with 20k miles haha.

1 minute ago, dieselautopower said:

Check on the banner tomorrow.  www.dieselautopower.com

Its our "Dump your Girlfriend" sale.... who is going to be there for you in a year  ... your girlfriend or your truck?

its silly, its fun.... we don't want anyone to get dumped for truck parts...

HAHA!! ill def check it out!

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Don't have a girlfriend or a wife so I'm safe...  :lmao:

Same

• Haha 1