• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Used tuners

Trying to compare between an edge EZ, a smarty s03, and a quad but I’m not sure about it cause the guy doesn’t know what model it is because it came in a parts truck and he can’t find any switch in the cab. The box itself is sort of an odd shape but I don’t really know much about quad products to figure out what it is but based on the pics of the wiring he sent me I’m guessing it’s an xtz. Old model maybe??

Anyways truck will be a daily driver mostly stock with 50-75hp injectors and typical intake/exhaust mods at most. Just trying to figure out which one would best suit me. Leaning towards smarty but only because of the high idle..

1 hour ago, skyhigh4by said:

Trying to compare between an edge EZ, a smarty s03, and a quad but I’m not sure about it cause the guy doesn’t know what model it is because it came in a parts truck and he can’t find any switch in the cab. The box itself is sort of an odd shape but I don’t really know much about quad products to figure out what it is but based on the pics of the wiring he sent me I’m guessing it’s an xtz. Old model maybe??

Anyways truck will be a daily driver mostly stock with 50-75hp injectors and typical intake/exhaust mods at most. Just trying to figure out which one would best suit me. Leaning towards smarty but only because of the high idle..

Do you have a pic? For buying used tuners I would suggest buying from a Mopar1973Man or Cummins forum members.

I bought a used Edge EZ off a CumminsForum member a couple years ago. Works great, really woke the truck up. I am actually going to be selling it if you are interested. I think it's the best way to buy. I picked up a Quad off another member a few months ago.

• Owner
On 2/10/2018 at 12:08 PM, skyhigh4by said:

Trying to compare between an edge EZ, a smarty s03,

Those are both 60-65 HP tuners. Very limited.

Quadzilla is a totally different animal. 

On 2/10/2018 at 12:08 PM, skyhigh4by said:

Leaning towards smarty but only because of the high idle

Use it once and sell it. The high idle will remain on the truck. I borrowed Bob Wagners Smarty for a day and mailed it back to him. Still to this day got the high idle function. Remember Quadzilla also has high idle too but no 3 cylinder function. You can't mix Quadzilla high idle and Cummins 3 cylinder high idle. 

• Owner
8 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I just sold mine or I would... sorry bud. You can rent one from Diesel Auto Power though. Look them up.

Right here...

https://www.dieselautopower.com/smarty-s-03-rental-sr-s03a

For those that want to install the newer software to enable high idle or test/tune with smarty programmer. Unit may be open box. Return is required in 21 days from shipment.  $50 fee assessed for shipping, return shipping and handling.  Will ship and return ship using USPS or UPS. Labels will be pre-paid. If not received in 21 days or sooner a $50 late fee will be assessed per week. Available to United States only. Call us, 1(801) 927-4600, for international options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1