• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My truck is mild when I bought it it had a Banks stinger package intake, exhaust, ottomind box. And has in tank lift pump.

So I'm going with a Fass Td-08-095g and a sump  feed is this the part number I need or should I get something else ?thanks.

Edited by Standard Cab01
Miss spelled

8 hours ago, Standard Cab01 said:

My truck is mild when I bought it it had a Banks stinger package intake, exhaust, ottomind box. And has in tank lift pump.

So I'm going with a Fass Td-08-095g and a sump  feed is this the part number I need or should I get something else ?thanks.

What are your goals for the truck? If you would please fill out your signature so we all know what you have and what your mods are. As far as Fass goes iv heard nothing but good about the Titanium 150 series pumps. Airdog I believe is basicly the same but Iv heard a lot of sob stories about there customer service compared too Fass... If I'm not mistaken the 150 is only a few bucks more than the 95. Correct me if I'm wrong. It just comes down to your horsepower goals as to what I would recommend for a lift pump. 

I forgot to mention earlier the possibility of using a mechanical lift pump vs a electric lift pump. The benfit to a DTT Assasin or Glacier Diesel Power mech pump is that instead of the fuel pressure dropping when you accelerate it actually goes up. This is because it is a crank driven pump. The only downside is you don't get any filtration except that of the factory filter. This is key in the long life of a VP44!! It is up to you what you want want  I do know that the Assasin pump is good to 600 hp. 

Heres a link to fill your sig. https://mopar1973man.com/settings/

7 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

Goals for my truck is mostly for longevity and reliability not making a race truck unless i win the lottery. 

Main question is on some advertisements it says if you have a retrofit intank lift pump buy this one, but I think that's for a draw straw, I'm going to run a sump

Ok I would go with a Fass 150 Titanium 

After my fass failure ( 16 years of flawless problems) we were at a rv place and couldn't do the work myself.  Mechanic installed a Airdog pump with a sump.   I didn't care for the fuel line hose run underneath.  And It leaked shortly there after.  I would never have a sump again.  One rubber "0" ring separates you from major fuel leak or road debris.  Mine is now...modified fuel module to airdog 95 or 100 to vp44.  1/2 line.  With Shut off valves and gic fittings.  I carry a spare carter pump and can swop out pumps in about 20 min should any lift pump problems happen again.  My thinking was if lift pump ever failed again ...I would not be held captive by any "mechanic" again.  Vulcan diesel has fuel modules modified or do it your self.  After all the hassle of having a bad mechanic I now  have draw straw, sump and mod fuel module.  And all were shipped in "overnight air".  (Adding about another hundred bucks to the total bill.  Lots of air freight bewtween yuma and phoenix?) anyway ended up with airdog pump but fass is easier to talk with imo.  Fuel pressure gauge should be oem.  

Edited by 015point9

29 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

After my fass failure ( 16 years of flawless problems) we were at a rv place and couldn't do the work myself.  Mechanic installed a Airdog pump with a sump.   I didn't care for the fuel line hose run underneath.  And It leaked shortly there after.  I would never have a sump again.  One rubber "0" ring separates you from major fuel leak or road debris.  Mine is now...modified fuel module to airdog 95 or 100 to vp44.  1/2 line.  With Shut off valves and gic fittings.  I carry a spare carter pump and can swop out pumps in about 20 min should any lift pump problems happen again.  My thinking was if lift pump ever failed again ...I would not be held captive by any "mechanic" again.  Vulcan diesel has fuel modules modified or do it your self.  After all the hassle of having a bad mechanic I now  have draw straw, sump and mod fuel module.  And all were shipped in "overnight air".  (Adding about another hundred bucks to the total bill.  Lots of air freight bewtween yuma and phoenix?) anyway ended up with airdog pump but fass is easier to talk with imo.  Fuel pressure gauge should be oem.  

Thanks 

On 2/13/2018 at 11:55 PM, Marcus2000monster said:

Ok I would go with a Fass 150 Titanium 

I've read in another forum that going big for a stock truck doesn't give a huge difference unless you are planning to mod it. The Fass 150G unit will just recycle the fuel more often in the tank compared to the 95G. I think you can even get some big filters with the 95g pump.

I have a 95 titanium on my truck.  I had 100 hp injectors and EJWA with hot unlock.  My pressure never dropped below 18 at wot.  

I am upgrading the pump to a 150 titanium as I am adding bigger injectors and a new VP with the new engine.

The filters are the same for either pump.