• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2004 ECU issue

01freeman

Does any one know of a place to order a new ecu for a 2004 cummins auto. The issue started when engine would not crank due to bad batteries.  I put a charger on them charged for a bit then turned it up to higher amp start. Engine cranked started then shut off.  I tried to restart and engine cranks but no start condition.  The gauges do it cycle to full sweep and back anymore once batt is disconnected and reconnected.  I do not hear any injectors clicking anymore no grid heater heating up.  No way to read dtc from dash as it is dark and not lit up anymore.   

Ive checked fuses,fusable links , grounds , I pinned out the harness to the ecu and there is power there and grounds are fine.  I checked the fuel pump by jumping the relay it is working.   I’m at a loss of where to go next.  I’ve read the diode or resistors can go bad.   I could prob open the ecu and resolder new components but I have no way of resealing it.   I’m looking for a good shop in southeast Michigan or dealer that can reflash a new ecu if this one is faulty.  Any information would be helpful 

thanks