• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Code problems p0238 p0112 p0521

I have 2001 dodge 2500 cummins and I keep getting this pain in the butt p0238 code. What could be the causes of this.

For the other codes I've already replaced the sensors but yet they are still illuminated I'm new to the diesel life so shine some light on this problem thanks!

Welcome to the forum! I would start by doing the testing in these here articles. I'm not sure if you have read these yet or not... I will say this. It don't always work to just by new parts without fully testing first. I personally have learned that the hard way. Lol. I would also clean all your grounds and just keep an eye out for shorts in the wiring. 

And if you don't mind please fill out your signature with details and mods of your truck over in the account settings area. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brandon.s said:

So I'm messing with the map sensor and it's read 3.42 and jumping 4.74 consistent with the truck no running is this normal or is it suppose to stay at a set voltage

I don't know a whole lot about it but go thru the testing section and I think it will tell you what your asking. Hopefully someone else will chime in and help you out. Sorry I don't know more than I do Haha. 

FSM  page 14-103.image.png.52c2a0f798e1fab5c03efdcc76218b93.png

It will vary voltage in relation to manifold pressure.   Seems a bit odd that it reads 3.4v on low end.   A couple other guys will chime in with decent ranges for the voltage versus manifold pressure.

HTH

Hag

3 hours ago, Brandon.s said:

So I'm messing with the map sensor and it's read 3.42 and jumping 4.74 consistent with the truck no running is this normal or is it suppose to stay at a set voltage

That's WAY too much of a jump.  It should stay very stable engine off.  Does the 5V source wire have steady and good 5v?  

Does the ground have steady 0.00 resistence to ground?  

If both are yes then get a Cummins Map sensor.  

I believe all 3 of those sensors are on the same 5v buss so you might have an issue in the ecm, or the wiring leading to the sensors.