• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High resolution cameras and uploading photos

• Owner

I think I've got a fix for those people with cellphones like mine where you can produce 6 to 8-megapixel photo and the site would randomly choke on the upload. Now I'm able t0 upload photos that are 10 megabytes in size. The server now will process them just fine. This should make the mobile folk happier for posting photos of things they are doing or working on with their cellphones. 

• Thanks 1

• Owner

I've made several updates to the server improving the performance and the tweaked the server to allow for large photo to be uploaded and processed properly without having the upload error any longer. This should make mobile device users really happy that way you don't have to work with a photo sharing site to post up photos on your threads here. 

• Owner

Any size should work now. Several things have changed on the server. Upgraded the PHP compiler to 7.2.x. Then increased its memory limits to 512MB. Then upgraded the Apache server from HTTP/1.1 to HTTP/2 so information flow is quicker. So you should be able ot upload any size photo now and it should process without issue now. I've tested with a 10.0 MB photo and it went through just fine. The replied to @JAG1 photo around home thread and it posted fine from my cellphone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Question on hosting.. is there a way I can host image from a 3rd party, like OneDrive? (I wouldn't use a silly "imaging hosting" site.)

25mb is kinda small, im not there yet but I tend to post picture examples a lot. 

Just now, dripley said:

Just make sure it does not become a phot obucket like site. Aot was lost due to them deciding they wanted to charge for the privaledge of hosting your pics.

Oh yeah for sure, I’ve actually been against using those sites for a long time Fearing exactly what happened. I always use my own hosted storage,  or nowadays cloud storage of my own. I just can’t see how to embed an image on this board from an Extertal source . 

• Owner
12 hours ago, s10010001 said:

Question on hosting.. is there a way I can host image from a 3rd party, like OneDrive? (I wouldn't use a silly "imaging hosting" site.)

25mb is kinda small, im not there yet but I tend to post picture examples a lot. 

I wish I had better solution. The current hosting only gives me 90 GB total for everything. So I've got to split that in half so I can have at least 1 backup of the website. Website size as of March 3, 2018 with the 1 backup.

Selection_007.png

At the rate we are gaining new members at 100-150 per month and nearly 4,000 members now. Everyone getting 25 MB as a basic member. Pretty soon this will become an issue. This is why donations are suggested for larger everything including storage.  

Silver donor - 50 MB Storage

Gold donor - 100 MB Storage

Platinum donor - 250 MB Storage

All photos are automatically resized down to 1024 pixels on its largest side. The server will take a large megapixel photo and shrink it down to about 500kb typically. The problem before was the server was limited on memory and could not do this function consistently. Now after a few modifications, I've managed to get the server to do it all the time.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man