• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Seeking reviews on the Isspro EVA mechanical gauges. Going to be receiving a tax refund this year so hopefully I can get me a set. I havnt noticed this line of gauges anywhere but DAP and theyre 3 times cheaper than the ev2s are they still good quality? Obviously the price difference is problably mechanical vs electric. 

• Owner

Reason, why they are cheaper, is because the EV's are not programmable. Take a peek at the programming you can do. Then there is a optional programmable relay you can stack on the gauge. For example you want to turn on aux fan for the transmission cooler using your transmission temperature. No problem program the gauge and it will do the work for you. Like myself I've programmed the warning light for my set limits so the fuel pressure comes on at 13 PSI and lower. Then you can calibrate the brightness of the illumination of the gauge to your dash in the programming. 

DSCF3251.JPG

post-1-0-75779600-1437009363_thumb.jpg

Image result for isspro ev2 relay

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Your taste... That's all.

Most people don't know what the differences are between the EV's and EV2's. Everyone just assumes there both gauges which is true but the EV2's come with much more but none of the vendors tend to advertise the USB programming, USB cable or the Relay kits so people just walk away from the gauge because of the high price not knowing what they are capable of doing. 

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Your taste... That's all.

Most people don't know what the differences are between the EV's and EV2's. Everyone just assumes there both gauges which is true but the EV2's come with much more but none of the vendors tend to advertise the USB programming, USB cable or the Relay kits so people just walk away from the gauge because of the high price not knowing what they are capable of doing. 

Heck I just want something of good quality and that will do what I want. I don't need all the other frills... :whistle:

Marcus,

I have the Isspro Mechanical EV1 gauges for 10 years on my truck  :thumb1:

Isspro are excellent guages

They work great, Never had a problem at all .:thumb1: Fuel Pres. Trans Temp, Pyro, and Boost

The trans oil temp EV1 is electric the rest are mechanical

I actually have the idolator with my fuel pressure gauge, came with the 3 gauge kit, and never had a problem with it either. No leaks at all, ever

Mechanical gauges are the most reliable and accurate. Old school Hot Rodder Style

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CTcummins24V said:

I have EV1s, the only thing I don't like is running fuel up in the cab. The fitting at the back of the gauge is leaking in my truck. I would go EV2 if I could do it over.

True saying. I don’t care for hat either. I May do a dual pod setup and do a different fuel pressure setup. That is to be determined. 

6 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Marcus,

I have the Isspro Mechanical EV1 gauges for 10 years on my truck  :thumb1:

They work great, Never had a problem at all .:thumb1: Fuel Pres. Trans Temp, Pyro, and Boost

The trans oil temp EV1 is electric the rest are mechanical

I actually have the idolator with my fuel pressure gauge, came with the 3 gauge kit, and never had a problem with it either. No leaks at all, ever

Mechanical gauges are the most reliable and accurate. Old school Hot Rodder Style

Do you have a part number for the kit? 

20 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Do you have a part number for the kit? 

No,,,,, It was 10 years ago.  I think I got them from genos or diesel manor

There was just a package deal price, 3 gauge set, offered by the vender

Genos still has the Fuel Pressure gauge with the Isolator

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/iss-r5604r/isspro-standard-black-white

Diesel manor

http://dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CGI2240.htm

Edited by GSP7

Diesel Manor has plenty of pictures. I have the EV Mechanical fuel pressure gauge, on my 2nd one actually. I have a needle valve under hood to barely crack open as my first gauge got water hammer damage rather quickly from the valve being open too far. I run a SS braided fuel line from my under hood valve to the gauge, as every other option kept leaking. I could never get the compression fittings and air break hose to not leak.

Diesel Manor

Edited by Red Rambler

I looked at my old triple pod box that I store my old pilar in.  Mine is a Autometer pod. It is a good quality. IIRC it was $30

I have one of those steering column top pods for my 4th guage. It blocks the speedo/interment cluster,,, kinda annoying

6 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

I looked at my old triple pod box that I store my old pilar in.  Mine is a Autometer pod. It is a good quality. IIRC it was $30

I have one of those steering column top pods for my 4th guage. It blocks the speedo/interment cluster,,, kinda annoying

Yea those things look stupid IMO. Idk if I wanna just get mechanicals or just wait till I get a Qaud and use those. Itll come down t whether I'm going to buy a XZT or ADR. Leaning towards the ADR. I like the tuning for MPG but I could careless about everything else LOL. Why is it that every  thread I start the topic of tuners comes up!? HAHA! 

4 hours ago, CTcummins24V said:

I have EV1s, the only thing I don't like is running fuel up in the cab. The fitting at the back of the gauge is leaking in my truck. I would go EV2 if I could do it over.

I put a 1/2" fuel line over 1/8" guage line, so in case it does leak it will be outside of cab, it pokes out an inch or so pass the firewall.I it's the blue line, also notice on air horn I used same fitting and 1/8" line for boost.20180220_205350.jpg.54133695baa791af7560d9eae632b66d.jpg

4 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

I run a SS braided fuel line from my under hood valve to the gauge, as every other option kept leaking

This is what I used, no problems yet. It's a push in fitting. 20180220_205019.jpg.3bcfe86493cf9d9d309e48246547f3bf.jpg

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Thanks 1

My 4 gauge set up, isspro EV 1 from Vulcan and pillar and colum Mount from Genos, the only thing I would change is the electric fuel psi. and go with a mechanical, I know running fuel In cab is not desirable, but the accuracy of the electric is sometimes questionable, 

9A560795-D9CA-4137-B6F4-FD50AC7E903C.jpeg

Edited by 01cummins4ever