• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Laughter is very good medicine

dripley

• Staff

Your welcome boss. Laughter is the best, but If your used to eating those type chicken peckers you got there don't blame me if/ when you might chew into the type we got here as there might be 15 BBs to go.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

I don't mind making fun of my self, I know I'm an idiot ha ha, and if someone else can smile because of it I did something right. 

It's not supposed to make since.... not sure where I'm going with this, felt like posting something smart.

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Staff

I know what you mean because something very funny can happen that is tough to put into words or doesn't come out right when you try.

Right now we got a lot of snow for western Oregon and supposed to go work on a building, but its cold so waiting for temps to rise bit. I'm a big sissy :ahhh:

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that, my wife says you have to love your self first then everything else, because if you don't love your self how can you love others. :think: I never understood that logic but it's been working for her apparently. I get dumber every day with the way society is these days, everything I was taught is backwards now.

Edit: Sorry I know this is supposed to be an uplifting thread, no more from me, :sofa:

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Nothing wrong with that, my wife says you have to love your self first then everything else, because if you don't love your self how can you love others. :think: I never understood that logic but it's been working for her apparently. I get dumber every day with the way society is these days, everything I was taught is backwards now.

Edit: Sorry I know this is supposed to be an uplifting thread, no more from me, :sofa:

I think I meant it more as a comparison of the times like you mention. No need to hide behind the sofa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Staff

I know what you mean about the changed times. Its hard for me understand..........

Why people talk so fast and pronounce only a portion of the words.

The way cars look.

The numbers of people everywhere

Signing those computer screens with that silly pen that been handled by a thousand others....... what if the guy before had chicken pox or something?:thumb1:

• Haha 1

• Owner
On 2/22/2018 at 8:56 AM, Dieselfuture said:

I don't mind making fun of my self, I know I'm an idiot ha ha, and if someone else can smile because of it I did something right. 

It's not supposed to make since.... not sure where I'm going with this, felt like posting something smart.

Edit: I was actually going to start a topic but this seems like a good place to post this.

Somewhere in distant future......

One of the few reason I never bought into the iPhone Craze. I might not be much better with an Android (just fitting for the video). My circumstance is different than most people mine is used as a true tool and like 99.9% iDiots out other. Since I'm on the road 3 days a week I use my cell phone to keep up with the website and business as a travel. 

Now seeing two people in the same room texting each other, now that is stupid. What happened to getting together and talking using your voice and looking the person in the face?

I'm used to seeing kids playing in the river and swimming. Even back in the day kids creating places in the forest to go camping and hang out. Now all you see is kids sitting at home with their tablet or phone. Mostly on Facebook. Again here is a platform I don't really use. I use it for advertising the site but I don't go posting about what I did everyday. 

• Like 1

With my travels for work I formed a lot of long distance relation ships with many people mostly over the phone. Harder to meet some people since we are mostly different states. While not as good as in person at least speaking with some them makes a big difference. Hearing the voice is much better for me. 

On the flip side I have made some good friends here and with out speaking to most them. Not sure what to think but here is much different than of what i have seen else where.

I now carry a smart phone, tablet, and a computer just do my job. CFA is o. A big kick with a program called Plan Grid that I have to learn and want us into move another called Lean Construction. All requiring more time in front of screen of some sort. Seems that I might not be the Chicken Man much longer. All of this is to get job information in front of more people, namely alot of people who have never set foot on a construction site nor have a clue what it takes to build something. Maybe it is designed to help them out but I am not a teacher, if you want to learn what I do come on out in the mud with me. This plan grid thing is set almost to where the CFA construction manager will not make site visits, all done with pictures and emails. I guess if I was not so close to retiring I could see the benefit.

Technology is outpacing my elderlyness.

• Staff

I feel for you Dave. A good job manager, contractor general needs to be right in it with his subs not on a keyboard.

Used to solving construction problems all day everyday, you don't need a situation taking more time making others understand, only because they think they can save or manage funds better than you. It drives me nuts when my subs are waiting for me to help with something and the owner calls with nothing but questions.

I've gotten to the point the only problems I make them aware of is the ones that require more funds. Or we need a dozen Doughnuts brought to the job right now and I'll explain it to you :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• Staff
Just now, Dieselfuture said:

Technology will soon outpace humans in many ways it already has, and it's just the beginning. There is a reason it's called beast system. 

I don't know Dieselfuture, I've run into situations that required every bit of thinking power to create a solution. Lucky enough to present creative ideas to many clients, I got a chance to open their eyes a few times. It's a great feeling to impress the unimpressible. I doubt a computer will ever have enough flexibility to think beyond earthly thinking. Now I have to admit I've been out in space many times.:think:

Edited by JAG1

20 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Don't worry, microchips are coming to be in planted in everyone and everything, we're just being prepped for it

Here is some food for thought

No chips for me but thank you anyway. By the time it all starts I'm praying we will be out of here. I can't understand the thought process of today knowing it's just going to be a downhill slide that has no end. I know I'm a Idiot and I can prove it by looking in the mirror, HA HA, I hope you got it. But what keeps me going is what's in my heart, I constantly pass those thoughts on to my grown kids and grandkids because they are important to me. It doesn't matter if I can spell or do math or even write a sentence correctly. What most have lost is a conscientious and morals, the best laughs we had around are house were watching the Andy Grifith Show, Hee Haw, The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and many more like them. We'd all act like idiots imitating what we just watched. As for the topic, Laughter is great Medicine I wish we could all get a boat load of it and I don't mind one bit if the jokes on me. 

That's why this is a great Forum, you got to admit that at some point reading replies and stuff there is a good laugh in it some where. 

55 minutes ago, Greenlee said:

No chips for me but thank you anyway. By the time it all starts I'm praying we will be out of here

Yeap I feel same, but I do run in to a lot of people that think is a great idea, including my wife. She already told me that she'll firs in line to get one lol. Even after I tried to reason with her. I told her say hello to hitler when you get there. Some people think Bible is a joke but I find it hard to believe after all the evidence that's out there, all you have to do is look. 

I think technology is a great and has brought alot good things. I am a year may 2 from retiring and I don't want to invest a lot of time learning it and walk away from it. Looks like I might have to, just can't decide still need the income a little longer.

I was in  Lowe's back before Christmas and they all kinds a gadgets set up there for a smart home. Its all pretty cool stuff but I can still flip a light switch.

I think I worry more about who is in charge of the technology than the tech itself. That and the sheep that will blindly follow it and it's keepers. Where if takes mankind will beyond my days I thunk.

• Like 1