• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

quad v2 wiretap settings

rogerash0

Again, I am very sorry for completely dropping the ball on getting the name to match up exactly. 

This is the sequence of events that caused that SNAFU. 

We've been waitng for a LOOOOOONG time for the developer to get us some cycles to work on the app. There was a memory leak bug that we didn't know about that caused the app to crash when one of the settings in the original version 2.7 was set on the iPhone. We decided that the whole Boost Offset setting was just not worth the effort of making users have to set that before their Adrenaline would work properly so it was removed. 

This made it so we didn't have to wait for the app development anymore so we went ahead and "released" the 2.7 version to the main stream by simply changing the link from the mainstream to the "Quadzilla Only Test2" .json file. I didn't check the name on the file and simply typed out the change. That is where I messed up. Totally my fault and I will take all the responsibility on that one. Throw me all your angry emojis. I can handle it. 

Now, all of you that have gone through the painful process of editing all your tunes will get mad again because I just fixed the name and you will have to do it again (I'm sorry). 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the understanding. 

Now, regarding the fuel tap settings. 

While this forum is a great resource and has more information than we do directly on the site, our first reference to customers is always our custom tuning guide found here: 

http://quadzillapower.com/adrenaline-custom-tuning-guide/#V2Tuning

This is a great explanation mostly provided by @Me78569 with some slight editing. 

Granted, having to read and understand this is harder than having someone explain it in a video. We have always had plans to make a video, we just haven't been able to focus on that.

If your questions haven't been answered Ash, just give us a shout and we will explain better. 

I cant go out and tune the truck properly until I memorize what everything is (unlikely to happen relatively soon, which is no-bueno). Quite counter-productive when theres room to have a description of the function on its input page. Giving you a shout doesnt help me when Im in the streets needing to do back to back testing across a variety of circumstances & settings.

Edited by rogerash0

I agree. You can bring your phone or tablet in to the computer to write a tune while looking at the description. However, that is just a band-aid. If there was a good way to add that information to the custom section of the app we would do it in a heartbeat, but as of now there isn't. 

-Ninja edit for clarity

Edited by Quadzilla Power
Edit for clarity

That data would have to be added Via Json file on a Per Profile setup.  remember there are chevy , dodge, ford trucks that use the iquad app there are vp truck and common rail trucks etc...  This means a complete update to the json structure that is posted, then you would have to link all the details to an offsite location to load upon profile update / load.     Not an easy change to do it right.  You could just slam in the text, but then if anything changes down the road then the app needs to be updated to reflect that change.  

That's not a good to do.  

Edited by Me78569

Its not static across the vehicles. You can look at the .json files if you'd like. They are all sourced from http://quadzillatech.com/iquadv2/

Right now there isn't a spot to add any kind of text to explain the tuning variable. It would be multiple levels of change across all vehicles and the app simultaneously. The last time we did this was to enable the equalizer bar (which is really cool in theory and for visualizing your settings). It took a few months of development time splitting between the iquad directory and the iquadv2 directory. After we though we had the bugs worked out we released and then had a storm of tech support inquiries that all ended with (delete the app and re-install). It was kind of brutal frankly. I'm not really prepared to go through that again very soon.