• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector ash

So i pulled my injectors when i installed valve springs and mantons...well they were dirty as heck and full of ash.could barely see the holes,truck has had optilube every tank since injectors went in (2 yrs ago).is this normal??thanks 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Jonny said:

well they were dirty as heck and full of ash.could barely see the holes

This is not normal.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

truck has had optilube every tank since injectors went in (2 yrs ago)

Cetane booster tend to add soot to the injectors. 2 Cycle Oil you might try it. I'm going to bet my 80k miles injectors are cleaner that your 2 year injectors.

injector-80k.jpg

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No. I pour approximately 1/2 quart for half hank a tank of fuel. 

Suggested is 128:1 ratio of 1 ounce of oil for every 1 gallon of fuel.

Would there be any downside to putting in say 1.5 or 2 ounces per gallon?

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I think Moparman does 10 ounces for 10 gallons. Me.... I usually guestimate pouring a full bottle of 2 stroke filling a 3/4 empty tank. Engine seems to thank me for doing that.

What would that amount come to per gallon?

So this is what ive been running and after the look of moparman injector with 2 stroke i will be discontinuing use

20180225_085637.jpg

What I don't get is it says keeps injectors clean but I have been running this every tank exclusively at the higher treatment dose for two years since my new injectors went in and they were horrible with Ash build-up and carbon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
Just now, Marcus2000monster said:

Would there be any downside to putting in say 1.5 or 2 ounces per gallon?

What would that amount come to per gallon?

I try to stay around 1 ounce per gallon, but  don't don't get technical about it. If I'm filling a half tank I pour in a half bottle that way it gets mixed as the tank is filling with fuel.

If its hot weather and I'm hauling heavy I might add a little more at times, but not much more.

• Like 1

I have stayed around the 1 oz gallon but not to the point of being exact by any means. I also see several places where i buy fuel mixed with bio diesel. I usually dont run any 2 stroke if i am running bio mix. Since below 5% mix does not have to be labeled I usually throw the 2 stroke i. If there is any doubt.

• Like 2

• Owner

In the summer time I'll step over into Ontario, OR and get B5 diesel its about 20 cents more a gallon but it pays for not using any 2 cycle oil. During the winter time I been staying to strictly Idaho diesel which is good old petroleum based no bio. Biodiesel has a problem of separating out as it cools and the bio part sinks to the bottom and turns like old bacon fat in the bottom of the tank. There is no product that can handle the gelled biodiesel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

In the summer time I'll step over into Ontario, OR and get B5 diesel its about 20 cents more a gallon but it pays for not using any 2 cycle oil. During the winter time I been staying to strictly Idaho diesel which is good old petroleum based no bio. Biodiesel has a problem of separating out as it cools and the bio part sinks to the bottom and turns like old bacon fat in the bottom of the tank. There is no product that can handle the gelled biodiesel. 

How do you now if the station your using is pumping bio fuel? Will it say on th epump?

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Oregon is mandated to provide B5 biodiesel minimum. So all Oregon pumps typically show they are Biodiesel but as for the amount its unknown it could be up to 20% biodiesel. 

Idaho is still a petroleum diesel state rare to fine Biodiesel stations in the state. 

ANy idea about Montana? Guess I could ask at the station next fill... 

At the moment anything 5% or less does not have to be labeled. Over 5% does. I see stickers on pumps out my way that say it my contain 5 to 20%. Wish they were required to do a better job of labeling. I have never had any of it gel but I also do not see as low a temps as y'all see out your way. My truck loves it, but I would still like to know to what percentage it is mixed.

I built a Loves travel center a couple years ago and they have a separate ug tank for the bio and they mix it on site so control how much goes in.

• Like 1