• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I installed Led headlights and fog lights the other day along with new housings for both... what a difference the new housings made in the appearance of the truck! My wife said it looks like a brand new truck.

When the headlights are on, everything functions as normal. When I pull the switch to engage fog lights, my high beam indicator appears and is very faint. If I hit the high beams the indicator light appears like normal.

Any ideas as to whats causing this?

Thanks!

old headlights.jpg

new headlights.jpg

new headlights2.jpg

43 minutes ago, NorthernDodge said:

I do know that LEDs in housings built for halogen bulbs are usually a big no-no

Agree and am already working on this... any sign of blinding oncoming traffic and I will be replacing.

Biggest questions is whats causing the High Beam indicator light to signal?

Just to provide a little clarity...

The high/low bulb for the main headlights are working fine. No issues at all. From what I see the pictures referenced above are the plugs for those bulbs.

The problem happens when I engage the fog lights, that when the high beam indicator light shows up very faint.

If the problem could be related to the plugs that you are showing, I will start to investigate.

• Owner

That means there is a wiring issue with the bulbs your using. Something is back feeding on the high beam leg. LED light is polarity sensitive be sure you are set up right. The headlight bulbs are backward to what you may think. The what you would think is a ground or common terminal in the bulb is actually the +12V and the hi / lo legs of the bulb are ground legs. Where the fog lights are normal hook up like you are use too.

Headlights wiring map 1999 Dodge Ram