• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Suggestion for Quadzilla

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

It there a way to keep the truck running while the iQuad finishes initializing on the mobile device? Rather annoyance to me. Like today hopped in the truck and drove 15 miles to town no problem. Now I've got to stop at the bank, grocery store and the fuel station. I start at the bank shut down. Start up drive less than a 0.1 a mile to the fuel station. Shut down realise the iquad was in the middle of loading up and crash because I shut down the truck. Now I've got to restart the app again. Ok now drive another 0.1 of a mile to the grocery store again the iQuad was in the middle of loading up and crashed again. Ok time to go home restart and get the iQuad fired up... Now it work fine all the way home because of the long drive.  

Is there a way to hold the engine running for at least 5-10 seconds till after the iQuad get done loading the tune?

• Owner

Crap. 

I'm screwed. Now I got the update which I was wondering Google play didn't have any updates to give. Then tried the M73M site sure enough its a newer version. Now I'm screwed because all my tunes are 2.5 version so they will not import. No 2.5 version listed either.

Time to start all over again. :mad:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Cancel that it seemed to load just slow to respond back.

Yeah there is no notification of the process of importing is complete so you sit there staring at the display. Then cycle out to the display and back in the tune is present. 

Ok... Another suggestion...

Is there any way to get iquad to remember your last display setting. In other words go back to the display type you used last. I like the second one but everytime I fire the app up it back to the first screen. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Cancel that it seemed to load just slow to respond back.

Yeah there is no notification of the process of importing is complete so you sit there staring at the display. Then cycle out to the display and back in the tune is present. 

Ok... Another suggestion...

Is there any way to get iquad to remember your last display setting. In other words go back to the display type you used last. I like the second one but everytime I fire the app up it back to the first screen. 

It's hard to dive in on a topic like this when you don't know or don't understand what's going on. I sold my brother on the Quad Adrenalin V2 so he's checking the links and videos I sent him. I made sure it came from this Forum. Do I need to warn him that updates are the easiest thing to deal with using the Quad? I don't want him throwing this all back at me when I'm trying to help him make a quality decision on a tuner. 

@Greenlee

Consider all of this Beta and wish list stuff.  the public release stuff is stable and he won't really have to worry about it.  You are seeing the typical development process of an application that is normally not in public view.  The Quadzilla however is very community driven.

I understand what mike is talking about, but if you select a tune then just hit back 2x to go back to the gauges you see the tune load bar.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

@Greenlee

Consider all of this Beta and wish list stuff.  the public release stuff is stable and he won't really have to worry about it.  You are seeing the typical development process of an application that is normally not in public view.  The Quadzilla however is very community driven.

I understand what mike is talking about, but if you select a tune then just hit back 2x to go back to the gauges you see the tune load bar.  

Ok, This is like building custom tunes similar to EFI Live? You really have to know every little piece of the puzzle and what it does and when it does to make it all come together? Most will select a tune already available and if it does what they want then it's great and if not keep pressing options until you get a selection that you like. Is this close to what your are saying?

My brother has an IT background with electronics so this might be a walk in the park for him and if it's not then he will do the button pushing. Bottom line, the Quad+Adrenaline+V2 is a great choice considering todays market and the flood of tuners out there that work with 1998-1/2 and newer Dodge Ram Cummins.  

Thanks for explaining what you are talking about, I might have to return to a 24valve with all the options in this small package. 

Forgot to ask you about the gauges used, does the fuel pressure work off a sending unit? 

Edited by Greenlee

It is much less complex than EFI live.   You can spend as much time as you like tuning, but the meat of it is pretty basic.   we have a number of prebuilt tunes, and you can alter just the fueling section to fit your needs.

You set how much % of stock duration you want from 0 psi to 30 psi.  Then you set how much timing you want at 1500 rpm, 2000 rpm, 2500 rpm, 3000 rpm, and max.  Then you set how much timing you want to pull, advance based on load and condition.  

In terms of a vp truck I think it is the best bet for most.  UDC pro technically has more in depth tuning, but it is limited by the system to only %12 duration increase over stock, and you need to tune all of the maps completly AKA much more complex.

have you watched the tuning video?

16 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

It is much less complex than EFI live.   You can spend as much time as you like tuning, but the meat of it is pretty basic.   we have a number of prebuilt tunes, and you can alter just the fueling section to fit your needs.

You set how much % of stock duration you want from 0 psi to 30 psi.  Then you set how much timing you want at 1500 rpm, 2000 rpm, 2500 rpm, 3000 rpm, and max.  Then you set how much timing you want to pull, advance based on load and condition.  

In terms of a vp truck I think it is the best bet for most.  UDC pro technically has more in depth tuning, but it is limited by the system to only %12 duration increase over stock, and you need to tune all of the maps completly AKA much more complex.

have you watched the tuning video?

Yes, except the last 3 minutes. After dinner I plan on going through it again. It is a great video. I sent to my brother to look at

• Owner

With the Quadzilla you don't have to be a rocket scientist to make a good tune. The biggest thing is to learn what good timing is. Basically, good timing is something that produces the lowest engine load (commanded fuel) to hold set speed. 90% of us are going to tune for a daily driver. There is a small percentage of us that will build tunes for track and dynos. 

Something that still rings in my mind is as you advance timing you move the torque curve up in RPM. As you retard timing you bring the torque curve back down in RPM's. So there is a balance of advancing and retarding timing and find what works for your truck and your modifications. Another factor is bigger injectors need more advanced timing to provide enough time for the fuel to ignite being typically the droplets are larger. Now with @Me78569 study on pop pressures on injectors, this changes the rules again. 

A lot of study and information being tossed around about tuning...

• Like 1

We are very happy with the tuning capabilities that we have so far. It has really changed the game for a lot of people. 

Regarding the sensors, the kit comes with the EGT probe and trans/oil temp sending unit as well as the hookup for the MAP sensor for reading Boost up to 40psi. The fuel pressure sending unit is the only add-on sensor that doesn't come with the kit. It is something that you should definitely use if you don't already have a fuel pressure gauge that you are monitoring. 

My app reconnected after prolonged cranking.  It took a full cycle to reconnect, but it did work without having to fuss with the phone.  

To test I

1. disabled the girds

2. waited to crank until I saw the tune load progress

3. started cranking for no less than 10 seconds. 

4. app disconnected

5 truck started

6. app reconnected and the tune load bar came up.

Edited by Me78569

We simulated it in a test environment where we have more control over the timing of stuff. 

We waited until the tune started loading then disconnected the iQuad. After 10 seconds and a disconnected warning we turned the iQuad and Adrenaline back on. 30 seconds later it connected and started downloading the tune again. 

There can be up to a 30 second delay between when the truck starts and when the app reconnects, then another 30 seconds or so to download the tune. 

I've asked this before but I want to ask it again. Let's say before I shut down I download anti-theft tune and live it on level 1 with say 15%, then I'll shut down take the phone with me and live it at the house far away from the truck so it does not connect again, will adrenaline download the latest tune and level that I left it with.