• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Suggestion for Quadzilla

Mopar1973Man

• Owner
5 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

There can be up to a 30 second delay between when the truck starts and when the app reconnects, then another 30 seconds or so to download the tune.

How about 15 miles of all ZERO on the iQuad. Again my case was stopped at the service station to return the pickle forks I borrowed. Then stopped by the store a brief second to grab something. Between the store and the fuel station is not very far. So when I shut down the truck it was in process of loading the tune. I figured this was fixed so came back out started the truck and screen sat with ZERO the whole trip home and not even trying to connect. I even tapped the menu and told Quadzilla to connect. Nope remained all ZEROs home. once I got home shut down the truck and shut down the app. Wait a few seconds. Then fire up typical manner sure enough back to life again iQuad was now displaying properly once again. 

So I would have to say the BUG remains...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

@Mopar1973Man  so if you follow the steps in my testing the result is the quadzilla never reconnects?

It's not the starting its the shutting down. 

So if I start and the tune starts to load and I shut down during the tune loading. Go into a store or shop then come back out later start again the loading tune bar is still there. Shut down the iQuad app and start the iQuad app again and it will refuse to load. The only way I found to gain control again is shut down the truck, shut down all apps on the phone. Wait a few seconds. Now start back up in my normal method it works again. 

Basically start the truck. Tune starts loading. Now shut down the truck for period of time 5 minutes or more. Now start the truck and stare at the previous loading of tunes bar that never quit and hung the app. 

Curious I am going to go test this.    My situtation ( truck power turning off while in the tune load process) should result in the same results, but maybe not.  

@Mopar1973Man 

I went out and tested my test again, and the issue cropped up,  this made me suspecious that something was uploaded wrong to the site, I went back tot he beta site "hockeyapp" downloaded the apk again, loaded it and repeated the test.   

After "updating" the app the issue is gone.   I can do exactly what you are saying and the tune load bar goes away and the quadzilla disconnects and waits for reconnection. 

Try this apk, rather than the site Apk I think the APK we have in the downloads section is mixed up, or the app updated to a prior version
Iquad.apk

• Owner

Ok, I've got the new version of the software up and running I'll be testing it out today on my way down to Ontario, OR. I've notice the connection time is much shorter the few times I've watched. I did have a refused connection once. I had to shut down both the truck and the iQuad to start over and get it to hook up. @Quadzilla Power already knows about the monster gear issue. (PM sent). We'll see in normal real time driving in the city if the hang up with shut down in the middle of the loading the tune.

On some phones and tablets, its so big that it covers one of the gauges. We already fixed the gauge size and I have uploaded it here: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/AndroidApp/IQUAD_Android_app-release(1.9.41(60)).apk

On first test, it seems kind of small on our tablet and just right on my phone. It used to be the other way around, but its all weird now. The landing area is great on both. Its real easy to push the button and get it to work, its just the size of the icon is small on the tablet. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

At this point all current with the app and the flash there still is a tune loading issue. Like I had my phone in my truck and iQuad fired up started the truck backed up to my trailer. Shut down the engine hitched up. Then started again to move not more than 20 feet to shut down. I caught the tune loading midway and the app hacks like this forever never resets. If you restart the truck it hung like this till you shut down the truck and the app and refire up like normal then its fine again. 

Capture+_2018-03-26-13-24-42.png

Then I found another on my way back home from McCall today. Just got done do about 90 MPH 3 car pass and looked down and the iQuad crashed. Of course, I'm not going to fill out details for the app crash while unwinding from 90 MPH. So, I restart the app and nothing. Shut it down and restarted 3 times nothing. Then got smart and cycled the Bluetooth radio off and on again. iQuad fired right back up. So there is an issue with the iQuad and Bluetooth.