• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 lift pump pressure gauge

would like to install lift pump pressure gauge on my 2000 2500 5.9 diesel, any suggestions on a gauge kit would like electric so to be able to have gauge in cab. fuel system is stock except fass lift pump. 

1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

I have Isspro EV2 gauges.  They are programmable.  I haven't had any issues with mine.

I believe programmable as in if pressure falls below what you set it for...you get a flashing light...aka early warning.  

If buying again...going to get one.  

But my auto meter do have 12 years on them with no problems.

Edited by 015point9

I have a Isspro mechanical with a islator.  10-12 years been working perfect, never a leak ,

Mechanical is the way to go. I dont trust way over complicated electronics and computer :thumb1:

• Like 1

I run ISSPRO mechanical too (ev1) I had some problems with the compression fitting, it created a bit of rattling in the gauge too. I changed over to -4an steel line and they have been perfect. 

I also run fuel straigh to the gauge. No issues with it. Run a snubber and needle valve and even if it did leak it would be drips. I had a leak once I smelled it well before it even leaked enough to drip off the line. 

Also i I find the isolators a pita to setup, not worth the time and clutter. 

85686049-9259-49CF-84D7-FEF8B4D36D32.jpeg

62EE6EED-138A-4C6E-8201-1B01F66153D2.jpeg

5B285F34-9B52-4A73-8B8D-A0FB0F601F46.jpeg

• Like 1

Phhhhhh

https://5vdnyw.bn.files.1drv.com/y4m9mKc4AdOSJ_N0S-Fcoj_e9FEmLUgO5eyUepPA1zWFOU-19aJQc5bYAuc3H_spXzKfNfwKbLKpxpK0chBnF0liMij-Bm-b8_p3J3YABgsoDG_1vbmcKqv_48Lm-cKekgcUORE7Ueqpz4EklR3Wy_bElZ5ItlA1SBgokOXc5kzLmVYbzhefRSkPJSXm_tZ9I3GwsMiBd5ougO3lkkdgTmV2A?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

Edited by s10010001

I am an old farmer and want things cheap and simple. I don't watch the pressure guage constantly and don't need to. So this is what I did. Got an oil filled 0 to 60 heavy duty gauge from a hydraulic supply. ($30.00) gage has 1/8 in  back fitting. Drilled a hole in the floor to the right of the fuel pedal by the heater outlet. Went under neath put a 90 degree to 1/4 in tubing compression. Ran 1/4 in truck air brake tubing directly to the pump inlet. Installation done. Always carry a flashlight in center console. That is my lighting. I look down occasionally when using the truck. I always ck my pressure before starting a heavy haul. What more do you need.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldbeek said:

I am an old farmer and want things cheap and simple. I don't watch the pressure guage constantly and don't need to. So this is what I did. Got an oil filled 0 to 60 heavy duty gauge from a hydraulic supply. ($30.00) gage has 1/8 in  back fitting. Drilled a hole in the floor to the right of the fuel pedal by the heater outlet. Went under neath put a 90 degree to 1/4 in tubing compression. Ran 1/4 in truck air brake tubing directly to the pump inlet. Installation done. Always carry a flashlight in center console. That is my lighting. I look down occasionally when using the truck. I always ck my pressure before starting a heavy haul. What more do you need.

lol that’s pretty legit actually. I was considering just putting my gauge under the hood to check from time to time some since I’m on a mechanical pump... but ended up keeping it on the pillar just because.. 

but yea, yours sounds cool haha. 

Edited by s10010001

On 3/2/2018 at 8:06 AM, s10010001 said:

I run ISSPRO mechanical too (ev1) I had some problems with the compression fitting, it created a bit of rattling in the gauge too. I changed over to -4an steel line and they have been perfect. 

I also run fuel straigh to the gauge. No issues with it. Run a snubber and needle valve and even if it did leak it would be drips. I had a leak once I smelled it well before it even leaked enough to drip off the line. 

Also i I find the isolators a pita to setup, not worth the time and clutter. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4d11e5b7ded08803

85686049-9259-49CF-84D7-FEF8B4D36D32.jpeg

62EE6EED-138A-4C6E-8201-1B01F66153D2.jpeg

5B285F34-9B52-4A73-8B8D-A0FB0F601F46.jpeg

Your AN hose installation looks to be high quality but expensive. I spent about 3 months considering how to do it the cheapest way. I remember when shop hourly rate was $6.00. On the road charge for diesel repair was $12.00. We were raking in the cash.

• Like 1