2000 lift pump pressure gauge

would like to install lift pump pressure gauge on my 2000 2500 5.9 diesel, any suggestions on a gauge kit would like electric so to be able to have gauge in cab. fuel system is stock except fass lift pump. 

1 hour ago, Hawkez said:

I have Isspro EV2 gauges.  They are programmable.  I haven't had any issues with mine.

I believe programmable as in if pressure falls below what you set it for...you get a flashing light...aka early warning.  

If buying again...going to get one.  

But my auto meter do have 12 years on them with no problems.

I have a Isspro mechanical with a islator.  10-12 years been working perfect, never a leak ,

Mechanical is the way to go. I dont trust way over complicated electronics and computer :thumb1:

I run ISSPRO mechanical too (ev1) I had some problems with the compression fitting, it created a bit of rattling in the gauge too. I changed over to -4an steel line and they have been perfect. 

I also run fuel straigh to the gauge. No issues with it. Run a snubber and needle valve and even if it did leak it would be drips. I had a leak once I smelled it well before it even leaked enough to drip off the line. 

Also i I find the isolators a pita to setup, not worth the time and clutter. 

85686049-9259-49CF-84D7-FEF8B4D36D32.jpeg

62EE6EED-138A-4C6E-8201-1B01F66153D2.jpeg

5B285F34-9B52-4A73-8B8D-A0FB0F601F46.jpeg

Phhhhhh

https://5vdnyw.bn.files.1drv.com/y4m9mKc4AdOSJ_N0S-Fcoj_e9FEmLUgO5eyUepPA1zWFOU-19aJQc5bYAuc3H_spXzKfNfwKbLKpxpK0chBnF0liMij-Bm-b8_p3J3YABgsoDG_1vbmcKqv_48Lm-cKekgcUORE7Ueqpz4EklR3Wy_bElZ5ItlA1SBgokOXc5kzLmVYbzhefRSkPJSXm_tZ9I3GwsMiBd5ougO3lkkdgTmV2A?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

I am an old farmer and want things cheap and simple. I don't watch the pressure guage constantly and don't need to. So this is what I did. Got an oil filled 0 to 60 heavy duty gauge from a hydraulic supply. ($30.00) gage has 1/8 in  back fitting. Drilled a hole in the floor to the right of the fuel pedal by the heater outlet. Went under neath put a 90 degree to 1/4 in tubing compression. Ran 1/4 in truck air brake tubing directly to the pump inlet. Installation done. Always carry a flashlight in center console. That is my lighting. I look down occasionally when using the truck. I always ck my pressure before starting a heavy haul. What more do you need.

2 hours ago, oldbeek said:

I am an old farmer and want things cheap and simple. I don't watch the pressure guage constantly and don't need to. So this is what I did. Got an oil filled 0 to 60 heavy duty gauge from a hydraulic supply. ($30.00) gage has 1/8 in  back fitting. Drilled a hole in the floor to the right of the fuel pedal by the heater outlet. Went under neath put a 90 degree to 1/4 in tubing compression. Ran 1/4 in truck air brake tubing directly to the pump inlet. Installation done. Always carry a flashlight in center console. That is my lighting. I look down occasionally when using the truck. I always ck my pressure before starting a heavy haul. What more do you need.

lol that’s pretty legit actually. I was considering just putting my gauge under the hood to check from time to time some since I’m on a mechanical pump... but ended up keeping it on the pillar just because.. 

but yea, yours sounds cool haha. 

On 3/2/2018 at 8:06 AM, s10010001 said:

I run ISSPRO mechanical too (ev1) I had some problems with the compression fitting, it created a bit of rattling in the gauge too. I changed over to -4an steel line and they have been perfect. 

I also run fuel straigh to the gauge. No issues with it. Run a snubber and needle valve and even if it did leak it would be drips. I had a leak once I smelled it well before it even leaked enough to drip off the line. 

Also i I find the isolators a pita to setup, not worth the time and clutter. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4d11e5b7ded08803

85686049-9259-49CF-84D7-FEF8B4D36D32.jpeg

62EE6EED-138A-4C6E-8201-1B01F66153D2.jpeg

5B285F34-9B52-4A73-8B8D-A0FB0F601F46.jpeg

Your AN hose installation looks to be high quality but expensive. I spent about 3 months considering how to do it the cheapest way. I remember when shop hourly rate was $6.00. On the road charge for diesel repair was $12.00. We were raking in the cash.

Archived