• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone do fabrication or oddjob building?

hex0rz

Overall, a matter of issue has come at hand. In my beekeeping endeavors I have realized that lifting heavy things on consistent basis is, has and will take a toll on my back. Since then, I have set out to build contraption aid me in my endeavors.

But I have come to a sort of road block in doing so. I have some fabrication experience but not enough probably cut mustard. It's more due to not knowing what is at my disposal.

I want to build a hive lifter. It's essentially a dolly that I can use to lift for me and move  hives around with. It is also powered by a gas motor to aid in propelling it across terrain. Boxes get heavy. Like 80 pounds a box. Trying to design this unit to handle about 4 to 6 at a time.

I can get motor, clutch, drive wheel with sprocket, but need something to give a reverse feature. Anyone know where to source a small transmission to obtain this feature?

I'm also not sure how to size the motor properly and what gear ratios to have. I did a calculation online but it said it would go almost 30mph! I don't need speed. Max 3mph but lots of torque. But centrifugal clutches are 12 tooth. Maybe transmission can help me out. I also need to figure out how to make it 2wd instead of 1wd.  

If anyone's intersted I can show the build.

Edited by hex0rz

• 4 weeks later...

There's a little Dana unit I used in an offroad buggy.  Usually they're found in gold carts, but it's got forward and reverse, a 10.15:1 ratio (Can be had in other ratios), and a limited slip in it. Dana H12-FNR.  Capture.JPG.004e126355269a66caa7efa0d5913f73.JPG