• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well the Order is in

Me78569

14 hours ago, Me78569 said:

lolol   my truck in tylers hands would end bad.  I doubt it would make it 5 miles.

Harsh.... 

But race truck ahahahaha!

Anyway, congrats Nick - I'm sure you'll enjoy it! BTW the new autos, even the 68, is a boss in the mountains with a trailer :thumbup2:  

While I say that, I still love to row some gears and I'm sure you will too!

It's not you, it my truck...well and you, together....bad things

I figured the new autos would be better I just always came back to, it's easy to replace a clutch than rebuild the trans.  I don't honestly forsee this truck getting more power, maybe a mileage tune down the road sometime, but power not really.   I will row me some gears

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

It's not you, it my truck...well and you, together....bad things

I think it's time for you to head over to to the 4th gen section and make a "Nick's 4th Gen" thread so we can watch you start tearing things up :) 

48 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I can see it now,

Post 1. Hey guys look at this awesome mod I did to x,y,z

Post 2. Guys I am getting a divorce and sellin ghte truck 

:shifty: lol

Post 3. I bought another POS 2nd gen :lmao: 

BTW your first mod should be a 2 Lo kit built by YOU :)

Edited by TFaoro

So far I have 288,000 miles on my original factory clutch.  How many miles do you think you will get from your original factory dual mass flywheel?

Sorry..., I just had to ask.

Enjoy your new ride! 

Will you still help us out with questions about our ancient trucks?

- John

26 minutes ago, Tractorman said:

So far I have 288,000 miles on my original factory clutch. 

I changed mine out around 240k because it was in a shop for a few days and was surprised at how friction material was left. Not sure how far it would have gone.

18 minutes ago, dripley said:

I changed mine out around 240k because it was in a shop for a few days and was surprised at how friction material was left. Not sure how far it would have gone.

I will be replacing mine very soon as a maintenance item - no sense in taking a chance for unnecessary damage.

You must have treated your clutch right!

I see by your signature that you have a six speed.  What brand is your replacement clutch and how do you like it?

- John

Edited by Tractorman
Add a question.

I have a Southbend OFE. It holds great but is not as smooth as the oe clutch. I miss that  but don't want to be slipping one. I have  more power than I did then. They also have an OHD which I will consider if I wear this one out. 

OFE  is one organic and one feramic  facing. The one I bought.

OHD is both organic facings. The one I would consider.

@AH64ID and his father have some experience with the OHD

Google south bend clutch and see what they have.

I think the thing I am most looking forward to is messing with the data coming through the OBD plug.  

the 2nd gen trucks have an obd bus that is locked down by a chastity belt with directions in Latin,  the 4th gen is much more standard.  

With a little sniffing we should be able to have a NICE screen gauge setup using nothing other than stock sensors and a $35 obdmx device and some old andriod device

Edited by Me78569

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I think the thing I am most looking forward to is messing with the data coming through the OBD plug.  

the 2nd gen trucks have an obd bus that is locked down by a chastity belt with directions in Latin,  the 4th gen is much more standard.  

With a little sniffing we should be able to have a NICE screen gauge setup using nothing other than stock sensors and a $35 obdmx device and some old andriod device

If I have this right you are trying to turn this back into a 4th gen truck thread from a 2nd gen clutch thread. What's this place coming to?

On a different note I am enjoying the thread and still jealous.