• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Fass Installed , Yeah...

Works good.  I did not have to bleed injector lines. Fired right up , I just bleed air at the VP44 connect and the FP gauge before starting

I used a snubber fitting from Vulcan for the mechanical fuel gauge, but it didnt work, The gauge needle is bouncing 10-25 psi

I guess Ill have to get one off those needle valves.

FP guage is steady at 17-18 PSI when I accelerate though. Cruising the gauge needle  is bouncing like crazy

Anyone else have a snubber not work

It definitely will damage it. My needle valve did come from Vulcan. Ordered it when I got the big line kit. The valve is barely cracked open and it dampens the pulses from the VP well. But the seal on the valve is about shot on mine and I need to address that pretty soon. 

Edited by dripley

I have a Isolator (keeps fuel out of cab) also . Id think the isolator would dampen the pulse.

guess not

Paid $10 plus $9 bucks shipping for the stupid snubber fitting that doesnt work :(

Yea the isolator (I highly dislike them btw) won’t dampen the pulses and much as you’d think. Still fluid being moved in one way or another so the pressure spikes still exist. 

Needle valve barely cracked is what majority of us are using with success around here. You could have the snubber and needle valve combined if you were particularly concerned about pressure spikes.

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Snubbers from ISSPro work awesome. No issues here.

at $45.00

My isolater came with my 3 guage kit 11 years ago. 

Installed it 11 years ago. and its worked great. Nothing highly to dislike :thumbup2:

Well I just ordered a needle valve from Eric @ Vulcan

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Brass-Needle-Valve-p/bnv.htm

I drove to 3 supply places today, and had called Hydralic shops, etc,,, no luck on finding one, and wasted enough gas. so order on line

These days its better just to order parts online because local supply places arent like they used to be

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Well I just ordered a needle valve from Eric @ Vulcan

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/Brass-Needle-Valve-p/bnv.htm

I drove to 3 supply places today, and had called Hydralic shops, etc,,, no luck on finding one, and wasted enough gas. so order on line

These days its better just to order parts online because local supply places arent like they used to be

This